Post season update and feedback

pack1797

Staff member
Hey guys

Just wanted to post and let you know that we appreciate you for being so active and eager to play your games. I also appreciate those of you that have stuck with us and been willing to listen to feedback and apply it to your games. I know that there have been some rough spots this season. I'll be honest, I knew it was coming. What we do here, the standard we set for ourselves, is not for everyone. I will say that all of you have shown that you really want to be here, and that's huge.

While we may not be where we want to be gameplay wise across the board, we are headed in the right direction. And we will get there sooner rather than later, because I believe that you folks want to be on that level. I thank you all for that.

With that being said, I'll get this out of the way. As you know, you are allowed to switch playbooks in the off season. Starting in season 2:

The eagles, Raiders, and dolphins offensive play books are banned from use by any user team. The reason being that all three are shotgun/zone run based. The general consensus is that running from shotgun, especially zone, is more successful across the board than it should be. Second, and most importantly, the lack of understanding center plays compared to shotgun make it difficult for the owner to mix up his formations properly, causing more trouble than it's worth.

Finally, I want to give all of you an opportunity to give feedback and offer suggestions to improve the league. While we can't apply every suggestion, we will give due dilligence to all feasible, well thought out suggestions.

Looking forward to bigger and better things in the coming seasons.

Thanks
Matt and Mike

Walrussmuglr

Starter
This is more a suggestion towards members because you guys shouldnt have to do it all, but more features. Power rankings, game articles, ect. mycaddy does the highlights which is awesome, we need more of that.

I'd say make it mandatory to watch a certain number of games on stream. I've seen aloooot of games with 0 or 1 viewer. Having an audience sparks conversation between members that wouldnt generally communicate. makes the league/leagues all around more fun.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Great ideas from Walrussmuglr. We would love to see more content from everyone on board. It just makes things more fun.

Lyric4christ the only time we really fell behind was when I went to Vegas. We should keep Daddy Leagues updated and advanced when we advance the league. You guys can sync the weeks and scores at any time on your own.

Keep em coming!

Cnote

Starter
I agree with Walrussmuglr ,it's been plenty of games where no one is watching a be 1 ,2 pending on what USERS are playing .it should be mandated that members watch a certain amount of games. In my opinion not only does it make members communicate but it also builds up hype for upcoming games . There should games of the week where it's scheduled so it makes you wanna watch it.

mycaddy

Starter
I believe user should be required to make 3 post minimum per season. A season preview. A mid season update after you have played 8 games before your 9th and a season review a short time (like within 48 hours) of when your season has ended whether your season ends end of regular season or your playoffs loss or you win the super bowl...

I do not think 3 post minimum is to much to ask. If a season is 7-8 weeks

Walrussmuglr

Starter
Cnote I like the game of the week idea. maybe make that game mandatory for owners to watch and chat. put up a poll the week before and have everyone vote on which game will b the GOTW, make that game mandatory to watch unless you have a good excuse. We can also poll what time is best for everyone to watch.

Most i seen watching the SB was i think 4 people, which is rather pathetic for the biggest game of the year.

I do have a very limited list of feedback that I'd like to be considered.
As mentioned here a lot, I think user activity needs to be up. I know that a lot of time has been spent trying to get the gameplay to the standard since that Is priority #, but we're getting closer, so this season we should be able to crank out the minor issues and really start focusing on getting guys to post content. We should have bigger highlight reels. I know I didn't contribute weekly (which is something I plan to improve upon), but there were so my guys that never even added anything to it once. Like caddy said, more teak based content. At least 3 is a good threshold, but I hope for more. Also, we did this a bit during midseason, but never returned to it. I think it would be awesome to do polls for players awards, since the madden ones don't consider all factors and have some shortcomings. Every user should have to vote and it could just be the major ones (MVP, coach of the year, OROY, DPOY, OPOY). I also think that comeback player of the year would be really cool, since it requires you to focus on other teams storylines and be more invested in the league. Okay, that's all I've got for content
Gameplay wise, I don't really bring anything because I think the guidelines and rules are sturdy-- it's all about adhering to them. However, I believe we should ban QB sneak. While I did use it in my postseason game, it was sort of a response to cowboys using it. I had absolutely 0 issue with it as its allowed in the rules and he only used it once. Totally sim, in terms of playcall. But in terms of gameplay, it's totally unsim. There is no way in hell to stop that play on 4th and inches from the goaline or even anywhere else on the field. Imo, it's simply too OP. I'll leave it up to you guys to truly decide, but that's my two cents on it and just thought I'd like to throw out that input.
Otherwise, if we get more guys into this forum, we'll definitely be trending upward ;)

visionz813

Starter
My feedback:

Gameplay: 3rd and long (6+ yards) is NOT a time when anyone here should be going to playaction especially on a deep ball. Also the constant bouncing of runs outside there designed holes needs to be reduced, yes sometimes theres no where to go but an inside zone shouldnt be ran like its a sweep. Hopefully the banning of a few playbooks helps but those are my biggest issues.

Content: Some guys only log on when they absolutely have to and then provide the worlds smallest availability window. If you only have 2 hours over the span of 48 to play thats just not fair to the other guy who made the time. No one should be forced to watch a twitch broadcast, they are archived for a reason.

Lyric4christ

Starter
I agree with Walrussmuglr ,it's been plenty of games where no one is watching a be 1 ,2 pending on what USERS are playing .it should be mandated that members watch a certain amount of games. In my opinion not only does it make members communicate but it also builds up hype for upcoming games . There should games of the week where it's scheduled so it makes you wanna watch it.

Daddy league picks a game of the week for us. Maybe we just highlight it during scheduling and all try to watch it. I know everybody is busy so I don't want it to be mandatory either but I will try definitely to watch game of the week and interact with everybody via chat.

Ron_Codpiece

Starter
One thing you could do is have the Super Bowl winner from the previous season play their game week one a day or two before the season officially opens for everyone else, or maybe even open the rest of the league up right after that game ends. That way it's just like the real NFL everyone is watching the defending champ open the season. Or maybe you already do, idk.