Playbooks (S3)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We are going to open up the playbooks a little this season. Now you don't have to pick and stick to a playbook all season per se. However, you do have to pick and stick to a specific style.

For instance, say you choose "pro style" as your offense. Then you could theorhetically change between Stanford, Iowa, Alabama, etc throughout the year as long as you stay within your style (if you're not sure don't use it). Spread no huddle will be the only offense that you can run no huddle all game and you would have to use playbooks like Oregon, Baylor, Clemson, etc.

Defensively you have to commit to 3-4, 4-3, 4-2-5 or 3-3-5. No multiples. Some guys get off easy using those so pick a system and stick to it ;)

Example:

Team Name (coach)
Offensive Style: (Pro Style, Spread-No Huddle, Triple Option)
Defense: (3-4, 4-3, 3-3-5, 4-2-5)

All playbooks MUST be declared before your first user game (which is week 1 or 2 for most of us).

Merrill Coleman, Blakehawk54, Booder, woodsmall12, TCCsuper06, Ljhrugger, luettjohann, BigTexas18

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
ucla.png

Offense: Spread - No Huddle
Defense: 3-4​

Colefolks319

Contributor
I will be running the spread O
and 4-3 on D.
My question is about no huddle. for next year is it just better if u say "no huddle" just so u can reserve the right to do it kinda cover your butt type deal? That was the case in my recent game on the 2 td drives in 1st half my opponent only went no huddle . Plays inside the 2 yard line for short touchdown runs.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I will be running the spread O
and 4-3 on D.
My question is about no huddle. for next year is it just better if u say "no huddle" just so u can reserve the right to do it kinda cover your butt type deal? That was the case in my recent game on the 2 td drives in 1st half my opponent only went no huddle . Plays inside the 2 yard line for short touchdown runs.

No huddle should either be an all or nothing thing. Either you run the no huddle or you don't. Saying you are no huddle just to save it for an opportunity where you "catch" your opponent is generally considered cheese and not allowed (even though it happens in real life. The game just doesn't allow the same time of adjustments.) Likewise, claiming that you are no huddle but then NOT running no huddle to play a possession game against a dangerous opponent is not allowed either. You can slow down for short stretches but you should live and die with the scheme you chose.

Again, let's all keep in mind the idea behind sim leagues isn't to try and circumvent the rules or find tricks to trap your opponent. It is to simulate real life football as well as possible within the game.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'll add to that, we all watch college football enough to know what is realistic and play the game enough to know what is easier than it should be or "cheese". I haven't laid out a detailed rules list and don't want to since we have played so long together but I can if we need to...

Colefolks319

Contributor
Before someone chimes in I will say that on the last drive of the half my opponent did run no huddle. And multiple possessions in 2nd half no huddle was used.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
clock managment is allowed of course... (I'm assuming) lol. I dont run a no huddle, but if time is running out, you better believe i'm running to the line