Patriots Bears Trade APPROVED

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
Chicago Bears: Paytonno1son
Cap Space: 2017 - $28M
2017 Cap Penalty: 2017 - $9.42M

Trade: HB Jeremy Landford, Age: 26,OVR: 79,
2018 - 1 years remaining on contract, Remaining Salary: 740K , Cap Penalty: 120K
upload_2016-12-16_12-23-36.png

Trade:CB Fabian Moreau, Age: 24, OVR: 74, 2018 - 3 years remaining, Remaining Salary: $3.75, Cap penalty: $570K
upload_2016-12-16_12-18-34.png

Patriots: Wolfmode88
Cap Space: 2017 - $23.4M
2017 Cap Penalty: 2017 - $6.9M

Trade: CB Cyrus Jones, Age: 23, OVR: 78
2018 - 2 years remaining on contract, Remaining Salary: $1.86M, Cap Penalty: $540K
upload_2016-12-16_12-21-2.png

Two teams who have the luxury of missing the playoffs and planning for the future have come to a trade agreement in principle. We realize this can't be processed until the off-season and also the contract info will change slightly. We just want to get it out there for pre-approval status.

The Bears were continually gashed in the passing game. This was possibly a combination of terrible pass rush and the revolving door otherwise known as the Bears defensive backfield. With Kyle Fuller on the franchise tag and a team limited to 4 draft picks, this seems to be a good solution as a #2 CB as Jourdan Lewis continues to grow into the position. The Bears need to lock up a division that is full of young receivers (Reynold, Switzer, Jones Jr., Nelson, etc.)

The Patriots are seeking an every down back with good speed and athleticism. Dion Lewis has left for free agency. LeGarrette Blount falls more into a specialty category. Blount can pound the ball between the tackles but lacks elite speed. Langford has great attributes for an every down back. The unforseen future of Langford in a contract year has led to the Bears adding Fabian Moreau to the pot because they lack draft picks. Fabian is a solid young corner that will do great in back-up duty for a team that already has Logan Ryan and Malcom Butler locked up for the next 3-4 years.

Thanks for you time and appreciate any and all feedback.

UPDATED .

Trade committee: majesty95 , pack1797 , BigTexas18 , NightHawkTH32 , JerseyBorn

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-8_9-13-46.png
    upload_2016-12-8_9-13-46.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 67
  • upload_2016-12-8_9-17-11.png
    upload_2016-12-8_9-17-11.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We won't make you redo it, but that why we generally want to wait until after the Super Bowl to submit so we have accurate info.

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
We won't make you redo it, but that why we generally want to wait until after the Super Bowl to submit so we have accurate info.
My plan is to update it when you're done winning the Superbowl :2cool:. I just had too much free time and wanted to get a game plan going heading into Free agency.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I hate to be nit picky but in a one for one trade it's a little easier to determine value. My issue is that Langford is in the final year of his deal and, having just gone through this with Jerrick McKinnon, know he's going to want like $5M a year to re-sign. It's not likely he's worth that unless he has an amazing season in which case he's probably going to want more. I just find it hard to believe NE is going to get more than one year out of Langford when Jones will get at least two and, with his attributes and age, is more likely to be re-signed giving him even more value. It's not a ton extra, but I would probably approve if CHi added a 4th rounder. As of right now, I have to vote no for the reasons mentioned.

JerseyBorn

All-Star
I gotta agree with Majesty on this one. Langford is definitely going to want a pretty penny so I'd be fine with Chicago adding a 4th rounder.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Now I think CHi is giving up a little too much lol. But he's been here since we started and isn't going anywhere so if he's cool with it so am I.

Last edited: