Packers/Bengals Trade Proposal DENIED

pack1797

Staff member
Packers/ pack1797 40.3 mil cap space 0 cap penalty send

Ty Montgomery HB 84 ovr 24 years old 2 years left, .56 million salary remaining .30 million cap penalty

Bengals visionz813 37.3 mil cap space 0 cap penalty

2nd round pick

Omletnator13

All-Star
Where's the daddy leagues pic? Looks like it might not have loaded.

Anyways, initially I'd say a 2nd feels like a bit much but he's got a lot of speed and his a high dev trait if I'm not mistaken. Still pretty young. Will have at least 2 years with him. Little worried because that backfield already has a receiving back in Bernard plus mixon who can catch and was a spread system rb in college and on top of that another starting caliber hb in Jeremy Hill. I'm split on this decision. Let me think on it. But those are my main issues as if now.

visionz813

Starter
Where's the daddy leagues pic? Looks like it might not have loaded.

Anyways, initially I'd say a 2nd feels like a bit much but he's got a lot of speed and his a high dev trait if I'm not mistaken. Still pretty young. Will have at least 2 years with him. Little worried because that backfield already has a receiving back in Bernard plus mixon who can catch and was a spread system rb in college and on top of that another starting caliber hb in Jeremy Hill. I'm split on this decision. Let me think on it. But those are my main issues as if now.
My intent would be to return ty to wr

Omletnator13

All-Star
Even with the move to receiver there's already 3 starting caliber wide receivers there and one being a speed receiver in John ross. It just strikes me as a strange move with so many other needs.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
He's going to ask to move him to WR which I think is reasonable. I can't see an honest objection to that since he was at the start of last year. I'm not sure what his OVR will be but 84 as a RB is pretty good. I feel like a mid 2nd might be a bit high but I also think both of these owners have been around enough (Visionz has played in an Xbox league before). So for that it is close enough and I will vote yes to the trade and to the move back to WR

Omletnator13

All-Star
Personally I'm not a fan of this move. I'm going to vote no. I think it creates a log jam at either position and gives away a pretty valuable pick. Plus Ty Montgomery's route running is a 71 which would most likely drive his overall down making the 2nd rounder look pretty high. There's still 2 other votes to come.

wyrmreaver

All-Star
24 years old, Fast Dev, 75+ truck and stiff arm, over 90 juke, 90+ speed and accel, 220 pounds. A second in 2018 (not even this season) is defenitely not too much, it's maybe not enough for him? I mean, if I got a guy at his talent and dev trait in the second round at WR, I'd feel like I got a steal.

With week 1 rosters Montgomery goes from 82 to 78 by making him a WR and his RAC ability is basically best in the league since Madden gave him such solid HB ratings.

If I look at the trade without considering the teams im kind of on the fence. Considering the Bengals HB situation and their WR situation I feel less inclined to approve.

I feel a little like this is giving another really good young skill position player to a team who already has the most really good young skill players in the league.

firedup24

All-Star
This one is tough for me. When I consider that the player is 24 yrs old and an 84 OVR with quick dev. I feel like is worth more than a 2nd round. But with that being said, we have one of our more veteran players in Pack who wants to make the move. I want to think he should get more for him. Even if I have a top 5 pick, I would love an 84 OVR player with quick dev. For example, Corey Davis on the Titans was the 5th overall pick. He is an 80 with quick dev. As you can tell, I'm going back and forth here, lol. OK, based on the fact that I trust Pack's experience here, I will say yes, but only because he is being changed to a WR since that will make him a 78 which I feel is more 2nd round value.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
wyrmreaver What is your vote? I don't know that you gave a definitive one. The pick is this year. You're the last vote so which way you vote will carry for this trade.

wyrmreaver

All-Star
I'm going to have to say no, perhaps we can look again in the offseason, I just feel that this move looks like the Bengals hoarding skill position players.

I feel like if the Bengals were going to make a move this year it should have been to offload a skill player, not acquire another one

visionz813

Starter
I'm going to have to say no, perhaps we can look again in the offseason, I just feel that this move looks like the Bengals hoarding skill position players.

I feel like if the Bengals were going to make a move this year it should have been to offload a skill player, not acquire another one

So lafell is 30. I don't even use hill who would cost me 400k against the cap if I flat cut him right now.

As far as what moves I should be making, that should be left up to me unless I'm breaking the rules. Now I'm just free to go use my 2nd round pick on a skill position guy.

pack1797

Staff member
There is no rule violation and the value is close. Aside from personal objection to an owners team building method, I guess I'm lost on the reason for denial as well.

visionz813

Starter
I'm going to clarify a few things. First of all being that I'm not quitting. I am however super frustrated with my current roster. Also I have no plans to keep lafell after this season as he isn't what I plan to use as a number two receiver. I also have no plans to retain Jeremy Hill as he is in the last year of his existing deal. Ty would become my number two receiver after I boosted his route running with ross at 3.

As far as if I should be trading away guys or acquiring them I feel that is my call to make as long as I am not violating the rules and spirit of this league.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I agree that we shouldnt be micro managing an owners roster. However, what got lost here was that wyrmreaver denied the trade largely because he thought Montgomery was worth more than a mid-2nd at his age and dev. The depth played a role but wasn't the deciding factor. Though he didn't state it publicly, Omletnator13 denied the trade largely because he was worried visionz813 may not he here for the long haul based on previous conversations. Both of those are valid reasons to deny a trade, especially if you are concerned about an owner's longevity. Although I don't know if the wording conveyed it well, I think the committee did its job based on the information they had presented to them. This trade will stand as being denied.