Orioles Rangers Trade (APPROVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orioles are dealing a 29 year old Closer (Byung-Hyun Kim) who is on the final year on his two year contract, and his being shopped as a rental at 8.4 mil per season. Kim is a 3.5 star with exceptional stuff and movement along with a good fastball. He already has 10 saves this season, despite only pitching 15 innings (with a high ERA of 5.something... but small sample size of innings). His ERA has been decreasing with the more opportunities he has been getting, unfortunately the oriels haven't gave him many opportunities to get saves.

Rangers are dealing a 2.5 star SP prospect (Ryan DiPietro) who has a lot of potential, and is probably MLB ready for the orioles' staff and is still young (23), on a minor league contract. The Rangers are giving this piece up as for a a closer as they just received an injury in their pitching staff and need a new arm to close games. He hasn't been off to a great start this season (5.04 ERA), but has showed he's developing with low ERAs throughout his minor league career. His sample size is still small, like Kim's.

Orioles send:
unknown.png

Rangers send:
unknown.png

upload_2020-12-20_20-40-36.png
Financials:

upload_2020-12-20_20-32-8.png

unknown.png

upload_2020-12-20_20-31-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-20_20-40-9.png
    upload_2020-12-20_20-40-9.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 4

ShaneM86

Starter
ill pass it, given the fact that the Kim is a Free agent to be, i dont mind passing its deal, its close but ill approve it

hunkydory

Staff member
If Kim wasn’t an impending free agent I’d have more issue with it and I’d prefer more return for a closer with his potential but because of his struggles and the needs of the other team, I’ll accept

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I dont like actually. I dont think DiPietro is worth much, if anything. Even though Kim is in last year of deal, he still will get a 1st round pick in free agency.

For reference, the Yankees received #24 overall prospect Gleyber Torres and three marginal prospects for Aroldis Chapman. I'm not saying this needed to have the same haul, but the Yankees got that much and re-signed him in the off-season. One marginal player I do not feel is enough. However, it was approved before me

Status
Not open for further replies.