Orioles - Mariners Trade (VETOED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orioles are receiving a young 3 star RHP reliever (Corey Watchman) to strengthen their bullpen for many seasons, and are receiving a power hitting experienced-proven 1B (Tino Martinez) to start at first base for them.
Mariners are receiving a young prospect 3 star LF (Woody Cliffords) to compete for a starting spot in their outfield or maybe play a DH role. They are also receiving a LHP mid-aged 2.5 star starter (Scott Downs) to compete for a spot in their pitching rotation and a RHP young-mid aged 2 star starter (Jon Garland) for pitching depth.

Rookie Contract
OC7.png

220,800K (Arbitration)
OC8.png

Rookie Contract
OC9.png

$6mil
OC10.png

220,800K (arbitration)
OC11.png

Orioles budget ($42mil avalaible for extensions, plenty to take on the 6mil net cap decrease)
OC6.png

Mariners Budget (N/A, they are receiving a cap increase of around a net of +$6mil)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I vote no. I’d have to see Tino’s season by season stats but he looks washed up. The LF is an instant starter and downs is a reasonable pitching prospect. I don’t see the upside here for BAL

ShaneM86

Starter
Tino hit like 41 homers last season , plus Wachman looks like developing into solid RP, thats the upside for Baltimore

i vote yes

hunkydory

Staff member
I vote yes. Tino can still play defense even if not in the DH, and has okay ratings and it's only a one year contract. Downs might be a starter but at 29 and 2 and 1/2 star rating, I don't see him being anything other than a 4 or 5. A 25 year old reliever that looks that good is a fair trade since relief help is sparse in the league right now. I think it's about even for both teams.

jonahj

Starter
I hate to be the deal breaker but I am going to have to vote no. I need to see some more value from Seattle here. Wachman has potential, but could easily fall from 6/5/3 after one bad season. I get that the goal is to move Tino's contract, but he is not worth the $6mm he is currently making.

Status
Not open for further replies.