Orioles - Cardinals Trade II (VETOED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orioles are trading a 3.5 star young CF (Luis Terrero) to compete for a starting spot for the Cardinals, he provides a lot of great fielding strengths to what they want to build.
Cardinals are trading a 3.5 star RP (George Sherrill) who is 28 to help boost the Orioles bullpen as well as a starter who may compete for a starting spot in the Baltimore rotation, a 2 star SP (John Lackey).
Trade Edit: Cardinals add a 3 star RP (Tighe Brown) to the deal, a position the Orioles very much need.

$220,000K (arbitration)
oc3-png.4185

$220,800K (Arbitration)
oc1-png.4186

(Minor league contract)
oc2-png.4187

$4,500,000
unknown.png

Orioles Budget
oc4-png.4188

Cardinals Budget (Can only use 5 images)
They are giving the Orioles more cap than they are receiving, it's posted in the other thread, this trade fits their limits.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I still vote no. Sherrill doesn’t look great on paper with a 4 rated movement and a secondary pitch. I need to see his season by season stats. Brown is ok but really expensive for a decent reliever.

I can’t say that two middling relievers (one overpaid) is worth a former 1st rounder who’s an every day starter

hunkydory

Staff member
I vote no as well. Luis is still young and the RPs are a nice pull but I still feel the young OF is worth more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.