Offseason Roster Requirement Sanctions

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm putting this in a separate thread (from typical sanctions) because of how lengthy it is. Eleven guys are being handed suspensions for not meeting roster requirements. We've got to do better than that. We understand that the way free agents signed changed this year, but we still had 21 other users get it right so the onus falls on each of you to do what is necessary to make sure you are in compliance with the rules. With that being said, we did modify the suspensions for this season (and this season only). The mechanic changed and we understand that. However, be mindful of the fact that some competition committee members lobbied against reduced suspensions this year because 21 other guys were in compliance. We're going to compromise this year but be sure to get to where you need to be next year or the hammer will fall.

Also, keep in mind that everything we do here is to simulate the NFL as closely as possible within the context of a video game. NFL teams use 3rd and 4th string QBs, 5-6 running backs and 3rd and 4th stringers all throughout the preseason. We're not asking you to sign 90 guys. Just sign enough to have your 53 and fill your own practice squad while also not relying on 1st and 2nd string players all preseason. The best thing to do in this league is ask yourself if what you are doing A. violates a current rule, B. would realistically be seen on Sunday and C. is likely exploiting the AI in the game? In the very worst case, PM pack1797, Burns or firedup24 and ask them to be safe. It's always best to err on the side of caution here. However, if you don't, we do have to keep the playing field level and balanced for everyone.

So here are the amended suspensions for the beginning of the regular season based who did not meet their roster requirements:

One Game Suspension (clearly tried to fill their roster but fell just short)

Miggy_Ray - Falcons
Jrk1d - Patriots
Skyballr - Bengals

Two Game Suspension (made an attempt to fill their roster but came up 5+ players short)

aSizzle52 - Chargers
OLeee52 - Colts
blahblahyea7 - Eagles
dspbuckle - Raiders
JimmyTerpLord - Saints
GoneFishin615 - Vikings

Three Game Suspension (were 8 or more players away from filling their roster)

BroccoBeef - Dolphins
LostsniperLV - Steelers

Keep in mind, these suspensions hurt the league not only the users. This affects possibly play-by-play games as well as makes quite a few users have to play the CPU. I don't want to beat a dead horse. Let's just make sure we do better in the future.

Last edited:

dspbuckle

All-Star
My apologies y'all. I thought I had it under control with 61 guys, but clearly I didn't. I'll add more next time and learn from this incident.

- Hugo