Offline CFM 159 defensive TDs in 17 weeks

With online M25 PS3 leagues dying since Next-Gen consoles arrived, I decided to give offline mode more attention, and just got to the end of my first full M25 CFM offline season and this stat has me scratching my head:

62 players with 1 defensive TD
31 players with 2 defensive TDs
6 players with 3 defensive TDs
3 players with 4 defensive TDs
1 player with 5 defensive TDs

That's a total of 159 defensive TDs over a single regular season, for an average of 9.35 defensive TDs per week, and a total of 103 separate defenders with defensive TDs. I've started and quit a few offline CFMs since I got the game, and going back to those files, I see they too have this same problem. These DTDs appear to mainly be interceptions returned for TDs (Pick-6's) during the simulated games of the CPU teams. I don't know the average for this type of thing in real life NFL, but is this normal? Anyone else encounter this? It seems excessive and it happens nearly every time a QB throws an INT.

It can be tolerated since I've gone this long without noticing, but it sort of kills any realism factor to see it happen in nearly every game, and usually up to 2 and 3 players a game have one.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That is abnormally high. Sim stats is one of those things that EA has never been able to get right for whatever reason. They've improved in some areas but they always miss somewhere. Defensive TDs have always been kind of high though even in user games. They really need to partner with whatifsports.com and try to improve their simulation engine.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I just totaled the defensive TD's up from last season and there were 98. So, yeah, they are way off. Let's home Madden 15 does better at this lol