**NOTE** Communication Policy

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
After our recent issue in Group Me and feedback from several members, we have decided there needs to be a much better way to handle issues that pop up between users. Everyone is encouraged to submit positive and constructive feedback via PM on Group Me or PM here on the forum. However, we absolutely MUST refrain from pissing matches in Group Me (or the forum for that matter). How can we do that?
  • From here on out everyone is agreeing that disputes and conflicts are to be handled privately. Honest and constructive questions may be asked in Group Me. However, calling guys out or complaining publicly will not be allowed. By anyone.
  • We will appoint 2-3 Group Me moderators who will have the authority to temporarily ban users from Group Me who are causing a disturbance and upsetting the tranquility of the league. Obviously, I created the chat and head the league so cannot be banned. However, if I am having a public disagreement and one of the moderators removes the other person, then that will be a reminder to me that it takes two people to create an argument.
  • We will implement a one and done policy on disturbances. If you have to be removed from the chat you will get a warning and reminder of what our goal is and this policy that everyone is agreeing to. If you have to be removed again, you will also be removed from the league. No exceptions.
This will coincide with a more firm stance on guys who do not take feedback well and are not falling in line with our vision of creating the most balanced and fair sim playing field as possible. Everyone must show more restraint in how they accept feedback., their attitude toward their play and the greater good of the league.

Let's all try to take feedback in stride and roll with it as it comes. You may face an opponent who mentions something that you do not think is right. Just say ok, keep playing and address it with leadership after the game. I think this is fair because many times we ask users to accept a person they believe is cheesing to grin and bare it until after the game. Occasionally, someone may point out your gameplay in game. Even if you do not agree, we have to accept it both ways. Grin and bear it and discuss it with leadership after the game.

How to Handle In-Game Complaints
  • Questions about "feel" should be addressed after the game and after plays have been charted. If you "feel" like a guy may be using something too much, just deal with it the best you can and address it after the game via submitting proof of charted plays (which you may find you were wrong about).
  • Specific rule breaks like 4th downs, user catching, usering the same defensive player too much, etc (things you can clearly see are being violated) may be brought up politely and constructively via PM. Ex. "Hey man, just a reminder that we can't user the same d-lineman more than once every 4 plays. Great game so far though." Something to that effect.
People can do things that we question for various reasons. We never know what they have going on or what distractions they face. Let's all, myself included, try to keep personal feelings out of feedback and realize it may just be an honest mistake. On the flip side, if we are receiving feedback, the same may be true. The person may not be trying to attack you or mean it the way you might read it. It is hard to tell tone in text. So just say "ok, sorry" and try the best you can to keep playing within the rules and address it afterwards if you feel it is unfair.

Lastly, most of our complaints or feedback should be relatively small. I've rarely, if ever, suspended someone on a first offense. Most of those can be handled in private between the users. If you want to mention it to leadership so that we are aware in case it pops up again, that is fine. But we are all adults and should be able to communicate with each other as adults. Let's not put the burden of handling every small infraction on leadership. I think that will help everyone relax and be more harmonious as well. :)

Please both like this post and post "read and agree" in the comments.

Konvict27, Xxclaywilliamxx, sifukeatis, Paytonno1son, BigTexas18, woodsmall12, pack1797, BlackPaw, Mark, rkjones217, Warren7, NightHawkTH32, Titanman931, iTvizzyy