Niners Deal trade with Chargers

Warren7

Starter
Niners (530k current cap pen) trade:
Quinton Patton / 75 ovl /avg potential/ 200k cap pen /580-750k 2yr rem.
85CTH 81CIT 83SPC 89 SPD 93 ACC

To the Chargers for

5th-141 of the 2015 draft
7th -2016

The Chargers are is desperate need of a slot receiver and saw flashes of star power from Patton last season. With only two WR inked the contracts as of now the Chargers want to lock up a solid player on a cheap contact who can put up numbers.

Plz vote and tell me if I gotta add anything majesty95 NightHawkTH32 BlackPaw Konvict27

Thanks

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Hold on, what are we doing? There is no way this trade should go through. A 5th and a 7th? Bolden got a 5th or a 6th. This guy is a scrub. A 7th maybe. No way this trade should go through for a 5th. You'll have every guy on here offloading garbage players for picks.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The RB with under 70 CAR for a 4th to me was kinda what I based it off of ...

He was a 78 OVR and you only have 1 HB so he would have been the immediate backup and a better one than most of what is probably left on the free agent market. This guy is a 71 OVR and will probably never see the field. I;m not saying you did anything wrong but this should never haven been approved.

Warren7

Starter
The Chargers also only have two WR this guy is ready to play #3 WR and I just signed Cobb to push him out if that spot. Yes he was a 78 ovl but can't hold onto the ball. This kid is a legit prospect.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I understand that SD only has 2 WRs right now, but they will likely draft one or two and could sign several with a higher OVR than Patton. The CPU only looks at OVR and guys rated this low should have almost no value.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
If it was a user, that is one thing. They can develop potential. The CPU cannot. Patton would just sit there in almost any scenario and not improve. There is a reason he is only 71 OVR.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Like I said, if we allow this then we have to let everyone do it and we can't have guys unloading 3rd string guys for draft picks.

Warren7

Starter
Then what are we doing Here is my trade screwed then? I don't mind Keeping Patton he's actually a good player. OK so I have to find players that suck but have high overalls like you did to me . I gotcha. I tried making it legit but that works too

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Then what are we doing Here is my trade screwed then? I don't mind Keeping Patton he's actually a good player. OK so I have to find players that suck but have high overalls like you did to me . I gotcha. I tried making it legit but that works too

Get defensive if you want. Patton might be a good player for a USER but will never play for the CPU. My guy was a 78 OVR and young. He has legit skills outside of carry. Lots of fast guys fumble. The idea is not to trade guys that "suck" to the CPU. I'll gladly ban trading with the CPU if that is the preferred option...

Warren7

Starter
Haha I found it funny you don't want me setting off everyone trading for picks but it was your trade that made me think I could do mine. Now its you saying this is bad . not defensive bro

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm explaining that 71 does not equal 78. You are getting defensive for no reason. I've explained the difference. I understand your position. But a 71 OVR guy will NEVER see the field for the CPU and we should not be dealing those players to the CPU.

On a more positive note, I show his OVR as 75 which makes him a candidate for a #3 or 4 WR (yes, 4 points can make a big difference. There are tons of guys rated in the low 70's. Starters at some positions start around 75). So, with that in mind and taking into account that he was a 4th round pick, you can proceed with the trade.

We need to figure out where the difference in OVR came from and see if we can fix that going forward. I understand why you thought what you did and seeing the overall as I do makes it better.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Ok, so Warren sees 71 OVR on all 3 screens in game. Its possible that SD could see him as a 75 or higher. But we can't expect guys to go in and analyze that for every trade. So, going forward, let's restrict anything under 75 OVR. Looking at this makes me rethink my EJ Manuel trade too. I won't trade him (not sure the CPU would accept anyway). We don't want to create a situation where the CPU is getting players they won't use and users are benefiting. Lesson learned.