All-Star
majesty95 Tigers20 BigTexas18 pack1797 Burns

20160415__SJM-COLISEUM-0415-021.jpg

Available Funds: $50.1m
Age of current stadium: 51 years
Rating: 2
Fan Hapiness: Bad

Hello everyone,

I come before you on the verge of kickoff into the final year of our 3 year lease here at the Oakland Coliseum. It's been a great ride here watching some of the greatest games, championship teams, hall of fame musicians and GRAVE DIGGER perform at the beloved Oakland Coliseum. The time has come to close this chapter on the Coliseum and give our fans something to be proud to call home.

For the last three years we have spent millions attempting to renovate. Our fans know when there is a bandaid over something that just won't cut it anymore. After countless attemps to bring rennovations, lower ticket prices and win games (the team has been improving their record and stats) we can not do much more to please the fans. The fans are just not pleased anymore. Thankfully the blackhole still comes regardless of the environment. These fans truely make you forget where you are and remind you where you are!

Issues:
1. Sewage
- The 51 year old stadium has serious sewage issues. This is a major health risk.
2. Fan expectations - There is much talk of the team moving, but we are commited to Oakland. The county has agreed to lease the land for free for the next 50 years, allowing us to build now and pay later. The city council has agreed to invest bonds into this project which guaruntees the team stays. This creates revenue for the city, jobs during construction, sponsers who can move buisness HQ to Oakland (recent examples include Uber, Pide Piper, and more). It's what the city wants and what they need.
3. Age - The 51 year old stadium is as strong as the day it was built, but during the 1996 rennovation it was noted that it wouldn't be long before another quake (like in 89) could cause serious damage. The 1960's earthquake resistant technology has come a long way in the last half century.
4. Shared stadium - Who wants to kick on dirt in October? Recently retired great, Sebastion Janikowski always said he had an advantage over opponents since he has the expirience, but those days must come to an end. The Oakland A's are moving downtown soon, but this multi-purpose stadium is set up for the optimum football watching expirience. West side fans who sit behind "home plate" are forced to be further from the action.
5. Legacy - It's what our late owner, Al Davis would have wanted. It is an opportunity to give this pirate ship some where to truly dock. It would allow us to provide this great team's legacy a true preservation of it's history every sunday.

Word is $50m is sufficient if enough revenue can be made per week to maintain. The team currently makes $4m-$8m profit per week, depending on home or away. We estimate these numbers to increase with fan happiness and with fans more willing to pay for suites in a new stadium.

Did we mention the sewage?

9253147_600x338.jpg

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm just extremely worried about your fund management in all honesty. You actually spend quite a bit more with a new stadium. You can make more but if you don't hone your tickets and hot dogs to appropriate levels you can lose money even with a new stadium...

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I'm with Mike here. Your fund management seems a little scary right now. I'd probably like to see your cap issue get under control before taking on a new stadium

dspbuckle

All-Star
the tickets, food and such are at maximum ability. Any lower and I don't make money. Any higher and people complain. I spent all last season tweaking that to where it is now which seems optimum at this moment. I spent funds on upgrades last season with very little improvement on profit being made. It was a total waste. I'm up to about $62m in two weeks from the original $50.1 I had in funds so for now things seem to be going right.

As for the cap situation. That's a whole other animal I'm trying to tackle so it makes sense. On that note, it looks like we're playing in the coliseum for another year! We shall return to the table in Madden '18. New toilets for everyone it is!

dspbuckle

All-Star
What’s good bosses? I got $40m at the moment and fundraising is happening to that $50m. We got Spencer’s strausmore on deck too!

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm going to say no. $40M is nothing and you'll have less if you build a new stadium. You also haven't been active either. Be active for a season and prove you can turn a real profit and we can revisit