New England Patriots

sprint42

Contributor
03547052-850x478$large.jpg

Breaking News: sprint42 has purchased the Patriots from longtime owner Robert Kraft as he has surprisingly decided to no longer have an interest in owning the team. The Patriots have been the most successful franchise since the 2001 one season winning 4 Super Bowls in 15 years while also appearing in 2 other as well. The team still sits near the top of the AFC with Brady still at the top of his game,and one of the best teams across the board in all the NFL. Now as this dramatic shift for the franchise is taking place lets ask new owner sprint42 a few directions about where the team will be heading on Madden 17.

Question 1: What is the QB situation looking like for week one, are the Patriots looking to move on from Brady or is this franchise still in a win now mode?

sprint42:
I think I can speak for all of Pats nation here by saying that Tom Brady will be our starting QB until he the day he retires. We look at him as one of the best QBs across the whole league, and have the uttermost confidence in him. Also we are always going to be a team that wants to win, because the great Patriot fans expect nothing but the best every week.

Question 2: What type of offense will look to be ran with this team in season 1?

sprint42:
The Patriots will be a team that will look to utilize its strengths on the offensive side of the ball this season. I think we are strong at a few positions with the best slot WR in the NFL Julian Edelman, and it is never bad to have a guy named Rob Gronkowski on your offense for defenses to game plan against. So I think the type of offense we will run will be more of the intermediate passing game with sprinkles of run added to keep the defense honest. The Running Backs are not a strength of ours right now, and it will be something that will be looked to improve on moving forward.

Question 3: Last question, what are your expectations for this season?

sprint42:
I think our expectations are very clear, and that is to try our best to bring a Super Bowl back to the great fans of the New England Patriots. When looking at the roster it is set up to win now, and as Brady's time in the NFL is coming to an end, the pursuit for a 5th ring is everyones ultimate goal.

P.S. I have made a twitter account that will have more daily updates on the Patriots, along with stream links and in game captures so give it a follow @PX1_sprint42. I will also be updating this thread from time to time also so be sure to check back here too.

RJRipley

Prospect
So sad to see Robert Kraft go after such a great legacy. He definitely left his mark on the league. Curious to see how this new owner handles the pressures of succeeding such a legend though. Can he continue the greatness of this esteemed dynasty or will the team struggle to handle this change in leadership? I guess we'll find out when they hit the gridiron.

sprint42

Contributor
Player Spotlight: Julian Edelman

Julian-Edelman-.jpg

Key M17 stats: Overall 89, Catch 94, Route Running 97, Elusiveness 88

Julian Edelman has been one of the key anchors in the Patriot offense since the 2013 season as he was tasked to replace Wes Welker in the high powered Patriots offense. He has battled injury problems in the past, but when he is healthy there is no better slot WR in the NFL. Julian also made the game winning TD catch in Super Bowl 49 to help the Patriots defeat the Seahawks in one of the best Super Bowls of all time.

When looking towards M17 Julian Edelman is still at the top of his powers even at the age of 30 years old. He may not have the most flashy speed, but what he does provide is great hands, and some of the best route running in the league. Also with his small size and high elusiveness it is no doubt that he will be hard to take down every time he touches the ball.

I think Julian will be a major part of my offense in the dev league on madden 17 as Patriots will look to rely on the pass, but more of the the intermediate passing game because of the lack of a true workhorse RB. I would not be surprised if he averages about 7 or 8 catches a game in the offense that will also open up space for Gronk,and the other weapons to get open. Julian is often an underrated WR, but we are looking at him as one of our key players this season. We believe if Julian is healthy it allow our offense to achieve the goals we have set out for ourselves during training camp.

P.S. If interested in keeping up with the Dev League Pats on a more daily basis follow @PX1_sprint42 on twitter!!

sprint42

Contributor
Patriots Season 1 Trade Block (Ratings shown are based on current scheme)
0739393001429651941_filepicker.jpg

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo
Ratings 74 Overall, 90 Throw Power, 85 Short Acc, 81 Mid Acc, 74 Deep Acc, 77 Throw on Run
i

LOLB: Rob Ninkovich
Ratings: 83 Overall, 91 Tackle, 89 Play Rec, 82 Hit Power, 83 Pursuit

03cdb38ba480b13dfb4b9458261c5f40.jpg

HB: Legarrette Blount
Ratings: 81 Overall, 90 Acceleration, 90 carry, 90 BCV, 96 Truck, 95 Stiff Arm

i

RT: Sebastian Vollmer
Ratings: 80 Overall, 80 Pass Block, 82 Run Block, 87 Impact Block

hi-res-34471392a7887be0bd1d0203b6a9068c_crop_north.jpg

CB Logan Ryan
Ratings: 83 Overall, 91 Acceleration, 85 PRC, 83 Man, 87 Zone, 84 Press, Quick Dev

*Draft Picks are also available*

If interested please pm me on slack app or here on the forum about who you are interested in, and we can see if a deal can be struck

sprint42

Contributor
Three big things have transpired in New England over the last forty eight hours as some new faces have come into the Patriots organization while a promising prospect was shown the door.

1. Ameer Abdullah was acquired via trade with the Detroit Lions in exchange for a second round pick. We are bringing him into be our starting running back, and will get a majority of the carries as he is a young developmental project. One thing we liked about him was that he can catch the ball also which will add an extra dimension to our offense compared to the former starter LeGarrette Blount. We also plan to mix in some Dri Archer on third downs along with Dion Lewis when he returns from injury around the mid point of the season.

hi-res-dc1180cc4fb78fcdaceafd12316ef31e_crop_north.jpg

2. One player we acquired was young linebacker Stephone Anthony from the New Orleans Saints. We feel he is a young player who has a high ceiling which we can develop in the Patriot Way. We are excited to say he will be our starting MLB on opening day as we move Jamie Collins to LOLB in a way that we can maximize everyones talents to the max. We feel he is an exciting prospect that can open up more avenues for our defense.

CD49DgKW0AAEiOv.png

3. In acquiring Anthony we had to ship out the heir apparent to Tom Brady at QB Jimmy Garoppolo, and most are thinking that if Tom Brady retires who will be the next QB. That is why today we are proud to announce Johnny Manziel is making a comeback, and will develop under Tom Brady to become the next great QB of the Patriots. We know he has had a troubled past, but look forward to him being an understudy this year and hopefully the next to reach his full potential. We are fully behind Johnny and will support him so he keeps on the right path.

33a2c82f2061a1c3130ee58ea794a01b.jpg

sprint42

Contributor
Through three weeks the Patriots have done what was expected of them, and that was to win. The Patriots have registered wins over the Cardinals, Dolphins, and Texans. There have been a few things that have surprisingly stood out so far in the young season.

1. The defense has been one of the biggest surprises with a league leading 14 interceptions. Malcolm Butler is quietly becoming one of the best corners in the league with a league leading 5 interceptions so far on the season. He has fit in nicely on a defense that already has a shutout this season to go along with holding the high flying Cardinals offense to 3 points in the season opener. The most interesting part will be if teams can figure out the defense or will this surprise unit continue to send shock waves across the league.

chin092015PatriotsatBills_spt32-650x478$large.jpg

2. Tom Brady has not looked like father time has caught him yet as he is still leading the proficient Patriots offense with 10 passing touchdowns so far this season. One thing he must look to work on is the turnovers as he has thrown 7 ints so far this year, and when the good teams start showing up on the schedule each possession will be critical.

tombrady1.jpg

3. Looking ahead at the next few games the Patriots look to continue their winning ways as they should be favored to win each of the next few games going forward. First up is a home game vs the Buffalo Bills who are a division rival, but should be a game the Pats win especially at home. Then week 5 the Patriots head on the road to Cleveland where they face a browns team that is in a deep rebuild so it is safe to say Brady's bunch should look to be 5-0 on heading into a week 6 showdown with a tough Bengals team.

bill-belichick-nfl-combine.jpg