NBA 2k14 Thoughts and Impressions

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
One thing that I am realizing with video games is it is not just EA games that have bugs and errors. For some reason, whether because of patches or otherwise, a large portion of the sports gaming community has decided sports games should be perfect out of the box. In reality, no game is ever going to be "perfect".

NBA, for instance, has some crazy animation sequences. Sometimes your players decide to be stepping out of bounds when you send them a pass. Or the CPU will just sail one down the court and into the stands. The AI controlled players on your team also routinely stand around after rebounds instead of crashing the boards.

That's not to say that NBA is a bad game. In fact, I think its a really good and fun game. I just think it has made me realize that the idea of their being a "holy grail" of sports games, ie a perfect game with no bugs or AI flaws, is just a pipe dream. I don't ever remember looking at games like NCAA 06 or Madden 05 or NHL 95 and thinking "man, looked at all these bugs". Maybe I was just a kid and hadn't developed my "sense of need" as much but I think I enjoyed games much more back then looking at them through a much less refined prism...