Madden 16 Top 7 O-Line Ratings

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We thought they might take the weekend off but EA released the top offensive linemen ratings today. Booder buddy Marhal Yanda tops the list at 98 overall followed by Josh Sitton (97), Jason Peters (96), Nick Mangold (95), Andrew Whitworth (95), Evan Mathis 95 and Joe Thomas (95). See below for the full breakdown.

Madden 16 Top 5 OL.png

MARSHAL YANDA (98 OVR)
BALTIMORE RAVENS RG
6’3, 305 POUNDS

Yanda is one of the game’s elite guards, and is playing for a contract extension in 2015. His 99 Run Blocking is tops in the league, and he also brings 90 Pass Blocking and 94 Strength.

JOSH SITTON (97 OVR)
GREEN BAY PACKERS LG
6’3, 318 POUNDS

Sitton provides NFL MVP Aaron Rodgers with the protection he needs thanks to 96 Pass Blocking and 88 Run Blocking. Sitton is a key component to the Packers’ high-scoring offense.

JASON PETERS (96 OVR)
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES LT
6’4, 328 POUNDS

Peters starts with a league-best 98 Strength. His 97 Pass Blocking will be crucial to protecting the fragile Sam Bradford, and 96 Run Blocking will help make life easier for new additions DeMarco Murray and Ryan Mathews.

NICK MANGOLD (95 OVR)
NEW YORK JETS C
6’4, 307 POUNDS

The six-time Pro Bowler has 91 Strength, and shows his veteran technique with 93 Run Blocking and 90 Pass Blocking.

ANDREW WHITWORTH (95 OVR)
CINCINNATI BENGALS LT
6’7, 330 POUNDS

Whitworth will be challenged by talented rookies Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher. He’ll be hard to unseat with 94 Strength, 98 Pass Blocking, and 89 Run Blocking.

ALSO 95 OVR
Evan Mathis (LG - Free Agent)
Joe Thomas (LT – Cleveland Browns)

----------

There was already some concern about the amount of guys at 95 OVR among the linemen. Most of that has to do with the fact that there are really three positions being grouped together. It would probably look similar if you grouped WRs and TE's together for instance.

I'm not a big follower of linemen so I don't know what to make of it. I was kind og surprised by Yanda being the top guy. Is he really that good? Joe Thomas we know is a stud and Mangold and Peters have been among the best for awhile. What do you guys think? They get it right? Anyone that you think is missing?

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Tyron smith was the first name I saw that i figure would be included. Also I really hope Evan Mathis gets signed before The game comes out so everyone doesn't try to sign him.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Thought Thonas might be higher. He's been in the league 8 years and made the pro bowl 8 years in a row. But I guess 95 should suffice.

Smith should definatley be in that list. He better at least be 93-94 since he dd t make 95 or higher.

priestmvp

Starter
Tyron smith was the first name I saw that i figure would be included. Also I really hope Evan Mathis gets signed before The game comes out so everyone doesn't try to sign him.

Evan Mathis should definitely be signed surprised he's not already. There are actually quite a few unsigned veteran FAs as the moment.

priestmvp

Starter
yeah Tyron should be there. Arguments could also be made for guys like OT Staley, OG Sitton and C M Pouncey

CJTHA1

Starter
Not a single Cowboy made the list. Best o-line in football but an Eagle and former Eagle have a higher rating than Smith, Martin and crew..smh