Madden 16 Top 5 S Ratings

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We weren't sure it was going to come today but EA finally released the top five safeties in Madden 16. Eric Weddle edges our Earl Thomas (95 OVR) for the top spot at 96 overall followed by Kam Chancellor and Devin McCourty at 94 and the Vikings Harrison Smith at 93. Check below for the full release.

Madden 16 Top 5 Safeties.png

ERIC WEDDLE (96 OVR)
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS FS
5’11, 200 POUNDS

Weddle had another terrific year in 2014 and wants to leverage that into a big, new contract. He deserves it with 84 Speed, 83 Tackle, 77 Hit Power, and 94 PREC/66 MCV/91 ZCV.

EARL THOMAS III (95 OVR)
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FS
5’10, 202 POUNDS

Seattle’s hard-hitting safety duo begins with Thomas. His 96 Zone Coverage is best among all safeties, and he also brings 90 Speed, 75 Tackle, 72 Hit Power, and 83 PREC/83 MCV.

KAM CHANCELLOR (94 OVR)
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SS
6’3, 232 POUNDS

One of the biggest and tallest DBs in the NFL, Chancellor’s 97 Hit Power is tops among safeties. He adds 83 Speed, 85 Tackle, and 77 PREC/64 MCV/83 ZCV.

DEVIN MCCOURTY (94 OVR)
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FS
5’10, 195 POUNDS

With Patrick Chung in the box for run support, McCourty plays center field with 96 Zone Coverage, 87 Man Coverage, 87 Play Recognition, and 90 Speed.

HARRISON SMITH (93 OVR)
MINNESOTA VIKINGS FS
6’3, 218 POUNDS

Smith hit career highs in interceptions and sacks en route to the All-Pro team. He starts Madden NFL 16 with 86 Speed, 85 Play Recognition, and 75 MCV/92 ZCV/92 POW.

----------

How bout Devin McCourty, a safety, being faster than the Top 5 cornerbacks? And what about my boy Harrison Smith!?!!? No real surprise in Thomas and Chancellor although Weddle beating them both out was somewhat of a surprise. What do you guys think?

priestmvp

Starter
Thomas should have been #1 imo. Harrison Smith deserved to make it. I'll be glad to see Berry get back to making that list. The whole speed thing has me worried about this game but hoping for the best. That and the whole new "aggressive catch" thing with WRs this madden the videos I've seen it just seems like something that can possibly be easily exploited and hopefully it's not something where they have nerfed the defense in those situations.