Madden 16 Top 5 CB Ratings

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Today's release by EA was the Top 5 Cornerbacks in Madden 16. As many expected, Richard Sherman and Darelle Revis lead the list, both at 97 overall. Vontae Davis (94), Chris Harris (94) and Sean Smith (91) round out the top five. Check below for the full release.

Madden 16 Top 5 CBs.png

RICHARD SHERMAN (97 OVR)
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
6’3, 195 POUNDS

Sherman is the best corner in the game, and his Madden NFL 16 stats back that up. He brings 92 Man Coverage, 99 Zone Coverage, 87 SPD/99 PREC/99 PRS, and best among CBs 85 CTH/98 JMP.

DARELLE REVIS (97 OVR)
NEW YORK JETS
5’11, 198 POUNDS

Revis returns to the Jets after winning a Super Bowl title with their most-hated rivals. His coverage skills are 99 MCV/94 ZCV, and he adds 88 SPD/95 PRC/87 PRS. Beware of Revis Island.

VONTAE DAVIS (95 OVR)
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
5’11, 207 POUNDS

Davis is a shutdown corner with 97 Man Coverage, 94 Zone Coverage, and 98 Press. He also shines in run support, with 88 Speed and 88 Play Recognition.

CHRIS HARRIS JR. (94 OVR)
DENVER BRONCOS
5’10, 199 POUNDS

Harris Jr. made his first Pro Bowl last year after coming off an ACL injury. He starts Madden NFL 16 with 89 Speed, 95 Play Recognition, 98 Man Coverage, 97 Zone Coverage, and 78 Press.

SEAN SMITH (91 OVR)
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
6’3, 218 POUNDS

Smith was instrumental in improving the Chiefs’ passing defense from 25th to 2nd last season. He has 86 Speed, 94 Play Recognition, and 93 MCV/95 ZCV/97 PRS.

----------

I'm glad to see Revis and Sherman tied at the top. I think you are splitting hairs putting one over the other. I also think it could make for an interesting rivalry through commercials or what not if EA chose to do so.

It is kind of surprising to see Sean Smith at the bottom at 91 OVR. Most positions #5 is 92-94. Could that be a result of the speed decrease? Anyone that is missing from this list too? I feel like a few players could have an argument at being rated higher than Smith. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

priestmvp

Starter
Not sure about their whole speed decrease thing I mean hell isn't the rookie Vic Beasley almost as fast as some if these cbs now lol. And really gonna suck if they do this to vets but then all rooks coming in are fast.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Not sure about their whole speed decrease thing I mean hell isn't the rookie Vic Beasley almost as fast as some if these cbs now lol. And really gonna suck if they do this to vets but then all rooks coming in are fast.

I really would think they had accounted for that and adjusted the draft classes. But hoping to get clarification.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
We really need to get the league started quickly before ea figures out Mariotta is faster then just about everyone in the game lol