Madden 16 Defensive Quick Adjust

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This was a video from Shopmaster highlighting the new defensive quick adjust menu (or defensive hot routes if you will). I think this is a GREAT new feature by EA and will give us TONS of flexibility on defense to create different looks and to target certain receivers to take away on plays. I know Colefolks319 and I will definitely get knee deep in this feature lol. Take a look and tell us what you think and how you might use it this year.

priestmvp

Starter
The quick adjust is awesome not having to cycle through defenders and stuff. Very nice should come in handy :cool:

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
My first concern was a user vs user game you won't have time to make the adjustment unless your quick. I see me using it mostly to double a Wr on 3rd down

mycaddy

Starter
yea that is why I will be practicing so I can make my adjustments quick... I am hoping you can start making adjustments out coming out of the huddle with no hesitation that gives you a few extra seconds if you know what to expect

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I think you will only be able to make 1-2 adjustments max. But like caddy said, if you can adjust coming out of the huddle it might give you a little extra time. Hopefully it doesn't become too much where guys are creating weird defenses on the fly that screw up the AI lol

mycaddy

Starter
Yes I can see that happening. but another thing I hope but I havent heard anything about it but if I shade a db to the inside have him actually stop the slant or drag route... even if it is giving up the out or corner route... justhave that actually work...

priestmvp

Starter
Yeah sure didn't work last year. Yeah I mostly see it being useful to at least double someone who is killing you especially since we can't have defensive assignments

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
It works its just really subtle. Would be nice though if you could make them really jam and push outside. I'm sure ratings play a role in how effective it is. We def need more control on D to stop certain things. Ideally we shouldn't have to self police if we had all the tools necessary to stop whatever is being thrown as us.

priestmvp

Starter
Ideally shouldn't have to feel like you have to make 10 adjustments to have an effective defense so really hope D ai is smarter and yes bring back man defense please

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Yeah I agree. That is the retort for man a cheeser. Well, you can stop it if you do this, this and this. Come on. We shouldn't have to make 4-5 moves pre snap just to stop a crossing pattern a reasonable amount of the time lol

priestmvp

Starter
Ideally no matter wtf you call on def if they keep calling same play or running the same route the Cpu def would jump that shit

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Agreed. The CPU controlled defenders have to take AWR and plat rec into account and start jumping stuff that is run over and over.