Madden 15 Early Impressions

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The Madden 15 (early) Access started today which brought with it the embargo lift preventing those with retail versions of the game from streaming it. I, and many others, spent a good portion of our day watching streams from one of those fortunate few that got the game early. I thought I would share my impressions. Feel free to share yours as well!

MaddenNFL15_WhatsNew_PlayerSense.jpg

The Good

I love the new skills trainers. You can now use the trainer to learn how to read defenses and how to beat them. You can also practice different route combinations (like the curl flat) to better dissect a defense. I think that will be a huge benefit for gaming in general but even more so for leagues like ours. People can now learn how to play the game correctly and not just try to find the glitch or AI flaw to exploit to be able to compete. It won't eliminate all of it but will help a great deal I believe.

The graphics overall look good and have been refined. Personally, I thought Madden 25 looked pretty good, but Madden 15 gets just that much better. Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between being a video game and watching a real life NFL game. That just helps to immerse you in the experience.

The new halftime show is decent but not spectacular. It is cool that they will reference different plays form the same drive. But there also isn't a ton of variety to it either. Its a nice feature and a step in the right direction, but minimalist at best.

The Bad

The commentary seems pretty much untouched. Its not horrible but it is becoming stale. I would have liked to see them rework that more.

Some of the shadows from the lighting on the uniforms looked also kind of splotchy. I had limited exposure to just the right type of lighting that caused it but, at times, it felt like the color was splotched on rather than an actual shadow. Could have been the stream or an isolated incident though...

The Ugly

Although I like the new defensive camera and the D-line interactions, the whole "perfect" release messages as well as which buttons to push seems very arcade-like. Hopefully this is an option that can be turned off as it took away from the rest of the game that had a much more authentic feel.

-----------------------------

Overall I am hyped for the game. I liked Madden 25 and think Madden 15 is going to be even better. However, you may need to temper your expectations. As we've seen from Electronic Arts lately, they make improvements, but they are rarely earth shattering. Go into Madden 15 without expecting it to blow you away and I think you'll likely be happy with the release.

woodsmall12

All-Star
I am watching GoodGameBro and Vick is a 95 ovr with 99 spd ... surely he will be dumbed down for the release, right??

woodsmall12

All-Star
Positive ... he later said that it should be changed at release ... believes Vick would be in the mid to lower 70s

Said they wouldn't play MUT until this wkend

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
That's ridonculous that they had Vick rated like that for any reason lol. I could see Vick in the low 80's though. He still has upper 80's to 90ish speed and a 93-95 arm strength. Just low accuracy and awareness and other intangibles. They need me making these rosters dammit! LOL

woodsmall12

All-Star
Glad to see former Iowa Hawkeye Anthony Hitchens getting the start for the Cowboys! Gives me a reason now to tune in on game day

That's ridonculous that they had Vick rated like that for any reason lol. I could see Vick in the low 80's though. He still has upper 80's to 90ish speed and a 93-95 arm strength. Just low accuracy and awareness and other intangibles. They need me making these rosters dammit! LOL

No one's gonna be dissing my man Vick now. In a Mobile QB scheme, he should at least be an 85 Ovr, if not as high as 89. He's getting old and had a couple down years, but his accuracy and awareness aren't garbage like people make out now days

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Also, have you had a chance to check out any of the CFM streams majesty95?

No, I think I've got most of the info I need. I'd like to see a little more on MUT but that's part of waiting for release day lol. Most guys that are streaming are playing games. They touch on other features once and, if you miss it, you're SOL

I have not ... anything new? exciting? Futuriistiics

Lol, that's what I want to find out. It's on my to-do list to look that stuff up, but knowing me, it's likely to be the day I'm actually planning to buy it before I start researching it more heavily.

I haven't been convinced to buy it in advance via pre-order yet, because my expectations for it aren't too high, but I'll probably get it anyway if I get enough guys to form a league for PS3 version before it drops