League Trades

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Please post the trades that you have made when they are completed and I'll keep the first post updated with the trade numbers.

Bears - Paytonno1son --- 2 Trades, 0 Remaining - 2 Players Traded (Peppers, Williams), 0 Received
Buccaneers - Blakehawk54 --- 6 Trades, -4 Remaining - 7 Players Traded (Weaver, Dotson, Gholston, Larsen, Leonard, Foster, White, Glennon), 4 Players Received (Tebow, Stanzi, Shields, Angerer)
Lions - woodsmall12 --- 1 Trade, 1 Remaining - 1 Player Traded (Leshore), 1 Received (Decker)
Eagles - Futuriistiics --- 1 Trade, 1 Remaining - 1 Player Traded (F. Jones), 0 Received
Vikings - majesty95 --- 2 Trades, 0 Remaining - 1 Player Traded (Simpson), 3 players received (Mallett, Carter, Wilson)
Cowboys - BigTexas18 ---- 0 Trades, 2 Remaining
Giants - vnardella5 --- 0 Trades, 2 Remaining

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Blakehawk54 I guess you did not read the trade rules. You have to pay attention to that. The amount of trades that you processed is highly unrealistic (the average NFL team maybe makes 2 a year including trades of/for drafts picks). Also, trading Mike Glennon (a 3rd round pick) with a 5th and 6th for a 1st rounder is highly suspect. So is trading Markus White (who they released) and a 5th and 7th for CB Sam Shields (83 OVR). I feel that not only did you neglect to follow the trade rules, you also exploited the CPU to your advantage when trading (the one thing I asked everyone not do :() I realize it was likely an oversight on your part and being new to Madden you got overzealous. However, we all have to abide by the rules and at this point you've gained an unfair advantage over your league mates. Therefore I am imposing the following sanctions:

Sanctions

Two-year trade ban vs CPU (you will only be allowed to make trades with users, including draft pick for draft pick trades).
Two-year loss of waivers (you will not be able to claim free agents during week one of the preseason).
Releasing of the following players: MLB Pat Angerer and CB Sam Shields

I chose Angerer and Shields as you have depth at those positions. I realize you won't get the players you traded back but you still have a draft pick that you didn't give enough value for. Those are also pretty good players so hopefully that stings enough to not do it again (or anyone else). Both Angerer and Shields will be off limits to other users through this season (there isn't a fair way to decide who can get them other than waivers. I would be at or near the top and don't to imply I favored myself. Therefor no user team shall have access to them.)

I realize it was an oversight and you did not intentionally try and cheat your league mates so hopefully this will be enough to make you stay on top of the rules going forward ;)

Blakehawk54

Contributor
First off I apologize for not reading all the rules.

1. I traded Sam Shields who was 3rd on the depth chart for a starting mlb- mason foster, a center- ted larsen (highest overall on their team), and a back up rb- brian leonard who they cut. 2 starter caliber players and a backup isn't bad for a nickel back.

I will not be releasing Angerer whom I traded multiple draft picks for and he was buried on the depth chart. Nor Sam Shields, I am however willing to cut Freeman from the team.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member

1. I traded Sam Shields who was 3rd on the depth chart for a starting mlb- mason foster, a center- ted larsen (highest overall on their team), and a back up rb- brian leonard who they cut. 2 starter caliber players and a backup isn't bad for a nickel back.

I will not be releasing Angerer whom I traded multiple draft picks for and he was buried on the depth chart. Nor Sam Shields, I am however willing to cut Freeman from the team.

You traded multiple picks but A. didn't give fair value from my assessment and B. acquired more than players than was allowed under the rules. Thus you created an unfair advantage over your league mates. Keeping those players allows you to keep that advantage. I can retract the waiver ban but releasing both of those players is not negotiable. There has to be a penalty.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member

You traded multiple picks but A. didn't give fair value from my assessment and B. acquired more players than was allowed under the rules. Thus you created an unfair advantage over your league mates. Keeping those players allows you to keep that advantage. I can retract the waiver ban but releasing both of those players is not negotiable. There has to be a penalty.

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
After some discussion with Blakehawk54 offline we have come to the following agreement:

Tampa Bay will release Sam Shields (he was the highest rated player received and the player that he gave up the most to get)
Tampa Bay will be prohibited from trading with the CPU for two seasons (thru 2014)
Tampa Bay will forfeit their waiver selection during the 2014 preseason

Blake is new to Madden leagues and did not know about schemes and how players can be viewed differently by different teams. Some of the players he traded likely looked better to him (in his scheme) than to some of us. Conversely, some of the players he received may not have looked as good to him as what we see them as.

I've explained the schemes to him and he has agreed to be more cognizant of how realistic trades are going forward.

Last edited: