Kelly to Determine Starting QB Wk1

Who will have the biggest impact on the Oakland Raiders Offense?

• Joe Webb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justin Vaughan

• None of the above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justb3r3al

Contributor
Alot of change has come with the hiring of new GM Brandon Kelly in Oakland, but will it be a positive change? The recent 28-3 win over Baltimore, while just a pre-season game, gave raider nation something to cheer about. The defense seemed to play as a unit. They only allowed 114 yards of total offense. They do still have some holes to fill in their line-backing corp, but if they continue to play as a team, those flaws will be hard to take advantage of. The offense played well too. A huge looming question on offense is who is the starter? Since Kelly's previous statement about everyone earning their jobs, no one has been announced as the starting QB. While we fully expect Sterling Patrick to be the starter, veteran quarterback Dustin Vaughan played extremely well. Although he played well against a 2nd Team defense, he proved that he still has the poise and skill set to lead this team. During the press conference after the game, Kelly said"I was impressed with the way both quarterbacks played. They had a bit more athleticism than I gave them credit for." When asked to describe the traits he wants in his starting quarterback he said " I like a guy who knows how to take care of the ball. He's gotta be smart and responsible on and off the field. He needs to know when to slide and take care of his body on the field." Both quarterbacks fit that description so far. We asked him when we could expect a decision to be made and he quickly responded "Week 1". Hopes are high here in Raider Nation. Lets see where General Manager Kelly takes this team.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 28

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Patrick has everything you look for in a QB especially in your case when you joined after the offseason. He is 6'4 220 with 92 arm strength and mid 80's short and medium accuracy. He also has superstar development so do all your xp drills with him and then your set.