Jets - Titans Trade

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Titans - majesty95 ($28M cap space, $0 cap penalty)
Denthony Thomas, WR Age 24, 69 OVR, 2-years, $4M remaining, $1M penalty

DAT Trade.jpg

Jets - Cnote ($11.8 cap space, $0 cap penalty)
This year's 4th round pick
This year's 6th round

Thomas was a 4th round pick in real life. He's a tremendous kick returner and very good slot guy. I just picked up Trett Franklin who is a slightly bigger and faster version. Thomas can be a dangerous slot guy/kick returner.

pack1797 5StarTA Walrussmuglr kha0tikdreamz

Cnote

Starter
To add he would be a great young addition to my wr core. Where I have both Decker and Marshall over 30 yrs old.he will develop well with young qb Harris and Marshall going on the trade block.

Walrussmuglr

Starter
a 4th and a 6th is a little steep for a 69ovr player, but looking at dudes stats he can easily be bumped up in rating with some work on his release and awareness. if those 2 stats were even mediocre he'd be mid 70s ovr.

yes

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Middle. 17th overall

My thought is this, we know they good players are usually gone by the end of the 3rd. There is a chance that I get a decent player in the 4th, but I might not. There's no guarantee that I can replace him with a mid-4th round pick. The 6th is just a little something extra in case I hit the 1 in a 100 shot and get a reasonable player there. I'm just trying to leverage the picks so I can possibly come away with at least a #3 guy which Thomas would be if I didn't have Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, DGB and Lekambrick Wright.

pack1797

Staff member
I'm gonna say the price is a little steep here. I agree that Thomas can be developed, and his Ovr is not entirely indicative of his skill set. While I do believe that a 4th and 6th is on the high side, it's not that far off the mark. I'll approve it as it stands, as I can't really find a single reason strong enough to veto. It's close, but I approve.