Jets / Rams Trade: 2021 Draft

dspbuckle

All-Star
Abstract

The Jets propose a Conditional* trade with The STL Rams (may peace be with them in their last days of existence) to move up from the #7 spot down to the Ram's #6 spot.

*conditional on the basis that the player is still available when the Rams are on the clock. At which point Jets will send the proposal during the draft, thus avoiding a trade today and the possibility of targeted player being drafted during picks 1-5.

Draft Value Chart

The Trade
The Jets Give up: 1st round #7 pick, round 4 #7 pick

The Rams Give up: 1st round #6 draft pick

Reason & Rationale
The Jets
The only other user team above the Jets and Rams is the Bengals and I doubt with this being the last season I could get a decent go at that spot since there are no future draft picks.

After seeing roster needs of the 6 teams ahead of the Jets there is a 60/40 chance the Jets don't get who they are going for. Moving up could give the Jets a 55/45 chance so I'm inquiring (estimates not mathematically accurate). The jets have some serious holes to fill and in the interest of the team, the position will not be revealed. I can PM the committee if they need to know what I'm aiming for there are scarce quality players in this year's draft at this need. I would rather not sway the Bengal's and Ram's picks as they may be looking elsewhere and then get insight into other positions if I divulge who I want in the draft.

The Rams
The Rams hope to give their fans in St. Louis one last hoorah before heading the LA. Moving down one draft spot isn't brutal and an extra pick in the 4th will allow them to add depth since they lack cap space and FA signing ability (from what I have interpreted).

Conclusion
You like That!

blahblahyea7
majesty95
georgiafan
Gubber227
pack1797
BigTexas18

Last edited: