Jags / Bills trade proposal APPROVED

woodsmall12

All-Star
Buffalo Bills Sanch0526 ($8.56 mil cap space, $2.24 mil penalty)

Tyrod Taylor QB, 29, 82 ovr, 1 yr @ $12 mil - $2.15 mil penalty (saves $9.86 mil)
4953EB6A-3933-4408-B5AF-2D335560D270.jpeg

Jacksonville Jaguars woodsmall12 ($11.8 mil cap space, $6.64 mil penalty)

Tavon Austin WR, 27, 82 ovr, 4 yrs @ $23.91 mil - $0 penalty (saves $5.64 mil)
Josh Heaps QB, 62 ovr, 1 yr @560k - $0 penalty (saves $560k)
125FA51A-6CF9-4A04-8FE1-3A59C70C2A59.jpeg
75DC2205-D40C-4809-9753-DF90C3E0D230.jpeg

Jags rookie QB Rosen is out for 8 wks so Team is desperate for an immediate starter to step in - Bills would like to dump the salary while gaining a starting WR and KR in Austin - Austin has been shopped all offseason with no takers - market continues to shrink however Buffalo expressed a strong desire in bringing him on board along w a backup qb to meet roster requirements w Tyrod on the move - should also be noted, Jags are full at WR position w young talent and someone was gonna go at some point and Austin was a guy in the crosshairs

majesty95 JerseyBorn pack1797 WKXT85 wyrmreaver

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
This is basically a cap space saving deal for the Jags while filling their QB need temporarily. Honestly, I would want the Bills to give more if this wasn't a veteran user who knows how to manage their team. I think the Jags are clearly giving up more with Tavon still having 4 years left. But he's also a slot receiver and kick returner. The Vikings gave up a 1st and a 2nd for a rental of Sam Bradford... It's not a perfect deal but I can live with it considering the owner. I'll vote yes.

WKXT85

Starter
I wanted to take some time to think about this, and the thing that really throws me is the disparity between the contracts. The Bradford deal, and the Palmer deal to Oakland were similar. The Bears gave up two 1sts, a 3rd, and Orton for Jay Cutler. This leaves me with some mixed feelings. I, personally, feel like Buffalo needs to give a little something more, but based upon some of the QB deals that I mentioned, I can live with this deal. I'll vote in favor of this trade as well.

wyrmreaver

All-Star
My thought process is similar to those above. Looks like the Jags are giving a lot up for a temporary QB.

Seems a little uneven to me, but I know for a fact that the jags have been trying hard to move Austin. I'll approve based on woodsmall being such a longtime vet, even with the Bills being in my division.