Gaming laptops

Gubber227

Starter
Hey guys, I am looking into getting a laptop here soon an I was wondering what some of the top"Gaming" laptops are? I would like to use this to stream my games as I have a hauppage 2 but I am also looking into another streaming device. If you guys could give some feedback I would appreciate it.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I use the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 also. At minimum you need 8 GB RAM to edit the vids. Most of the new processors will be fine as long as they are at least 2 Mhz. A good graphics card is ideal. Don't know as much about those but a recent and mid to higher end one will do.

Gubber227

Starter
I use the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 also. At minimum you need 8 GB RAM to edit the vids. Most of the new processors will be fine as long as they are at least 2 Mhz. A good graphics card is ideal. Don't know as much about those but a recent and mid to higher end one will do.

What laptop do you use?

Blackhawk375

Starter
My son has an Asus Republic of Gamers (ROG) system and loves it! He has a custom built gaming desktop that only slightly outperforms his laptop.

Gubber227

Starter
I've been looking for black Friday deals. But I mean I am willing top spend up to 1500. But would like to keep it closer to 1000

Blackhawk375

Starter
Ive got almost 20 years experience in IT as a systems and support engineer. Let me know if you would like a few recommendations. I'd be happy to help.

Gubber227

Starter
Wouldnt be bad to post them in here so others can benefit if they have similar questions :)

I didn't give him much just some basics. I'll be using google chrome as my internet. OBS to stream unless there's something better out there that you would recommend. Also I'd like to be able to use it for PC games possibly like steam.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I didn't give him much just some basics. I'll be using google chrome as my internet. OBS to stream unless there's something better out there that you would recommend. Also I'd like to be able to use it for PC games possibly like steam.

OBS is a great free broadcast application

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'm looking at 16 GB of RAM and an i7 processor. I found one on Best Buy from CyberPower that also has a 500GB SSD which I'm considering.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member