FIRST TAKE - EPISODE 2 - PLAYOFF EDITION

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
index.php

The playoffs are underway and rumors are heating up around the league. Who's going to win the Super Bowl? Is there going to be a surprise team? What are the big names on the free agent market? Who's going to make the biggest splash?

This week, your hosts debate who the favorites are in the playoffs and which team they think will make the biggest splash in the offseason (free agency, trades, draft).

S2 Playoff Bracket.png

We talked about this before, but the Saints are still the team to beat in the NFC until someone proves otherwise. However, the 49ers finished the year at 13-2-1 and were a tie away from tying the Saints for the NFC's best record. The Vikings will be fully healthy next week and just put a beat down on the 10-6 Bucs and the Eagles came from behind to knock off the Bears. Who's going to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl?

In the AFC, is there anyone who can beat the Bills or Patriots? Is it a forgone conclusion that those two teams will play for the AFC Championship? What do you guys think of the AFC playoff picture?

There is always a lot of action in the offseason as teams battle for free agents, a few trades are made and sometimes teams make a huge move in the draft. Which team or teams do you see making the biggest push to improve or rebuild their team in the offseason?

Sound off!

sifukeatis BigTexas18

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Well, the first round is done with. The Texans, Chargers, Buccaneers, and Bears are out. Let's start out in the NFC:

The Vikings will face the 49ers. The 9ers have been almost unstoppable. They finish the year at 13-2-1. That one tie came from the Vikings in week 17 in Minnesota. Both have strong road records this year, and this time the 9ers are home. The Vikings were missing half of their team when they tied this powerhouse team, but still are going to be the underdogs in this fight. Teddy Bridgewater is a 2nd year QB who has not been to this stage in his career. This game will say alot for this young man. While, on the other side, Kaep has been to the Super Bowl, so this man knows how to handle the pressure. Even though the Vikings are hot, you're going to get a pick for the 49ers from me.

Next up Saints and Eagles. This one will be easy. Even though the eagles are tough under this Chip Kelly offense, Saints turn up in the playoffs, and they would have to prove to me otherwise that they won't own it like they did last year. Saints. Easy. NEXT

Onto the AFC we have the Browns and Chiefs. This game intrigues me. The Browns are a huge underdog, but THAT BROWNS DEFENSE THO. They have been tough all year. They ranked #1 last year, and went onto to be #5 this year. They stood up against the Chargers and forced 2 turnovers. Donte Whitner had a #SCTop10 pick that we will be seeing for the remainder of this playoff series. This game brings up two young QB's to battle, both with no playoff experience. Johnny Manziel put on his big boy pants in the Wildcard round and went 20/26 187 yards and 1 TD. He was very efficient, and ran this offense to victory. Lenex Shipley, out of Auburn, on the other side is a rookie. A rookie that got his chance with Alex Smith on the injured list. He has excelled in his first year and won the AFC West. Even though the Chiefs took a win in week 2 this year, the Browns are riding high, and I'm going with the underdog and everyone's favorite QB to hate, Johnny Football!

This leaves us to the last one. Bills at Patriots. This is the 3rd time in 5 weeks these two teams have played each other. It has been heated this year, and they have split the series this year. This game however, will be for all the marbles. One team moves on and gets bragging rights, one team goes home. The Patriots are 15-1 with their only loss coming to the Bills in week 17, while the Bills are right behind them at 14-2. Even though the Bills are motivated and amped for this game, you just can't doubt Tom Brady in the playoffs. Brady will be in the Hall of Fame without a doubt. Patriots in overtime!

Who moves on:
49ers
Saints
Browns
Patriots

Who goes home:
Vikings
Eagles
Chiefs
Bills

sifukeatis

Starter
index.php

The playoffs are underway and rumors are heating up around the league. Who's going to win the Super Bowl? Is there going to be a surprise team? What are the big names on the free agent market? Who's going to make the biggest splash?

This week, your hosts debate who the favorites are in the playoffs and which team they think will make the biggest splash in the offseason (free agency, trades, draft).

View attachment 434

We talked about this before, but the Saints are still the team to beat in the NFC until someone proves otherwise. However, the 49ers finished the year at 13-2-1 and were a tie away from tying the Saints for the NFC's best record. The Vikings will be fully healthy next week and just put a beat down on the 10-6 Bucs and the Eagles came from behind to knock off the Bears. Who's going to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl?

In the AFC, is there anyone who can beat the Bills or Patriots? Is it a forgone conclusion that those two teams will play for the AFC Championship? What do you guys think of the AFC playoff picture?

There is always a lot of action in the offseason as teams battle for free agents, a few trades are made and sometimes teams make a huge move in the draft. Which team or teams do you see making the biggest push to improve or rebuild their team in the offseason?

Sound off!

sifukeatis BigTexas18
Big city big dreams and big hopes throw in a little snow and we have Minnesota a team nobody thought would be here a team that pushed through the front door and demanded a spot in the playoffs between the Vikings and the saints the playoff season will be nothing short of explosive these two have history and its heating up! The niners in my book look good on paper but when the going gets tough they will be home drinking beer and enjoying the playoffs.
Vikings vs saints.... gonna be an epic game before the super bowl tune in @twitch.tv.
Im gonna go out on a limb here and I choose the Vikings

The bills and the patriots two of this year's elite teams have developed a rivalry rivaled by no other.
can they be beat....No not unless they meet each other,can u say epic.

The off-season will be hotter than volcano spit flames and sparks flying around brace yourself.Im gonna start with the Panthers a team in hot water in no way did they perform up to expectations every one in a panther uniform is not safe.
Breaking news coming in from the studio stemming from cam Newton's camp it is confirmed cam does not want to be in north Carolina citing financial reasons as far as trade wise I'm not sure many will happen this off-season the most improved team this off season will be the Baltimore ravens their a couple pieces away from being a contender

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
The Baltimore ravens went 14-2 last year and 10-6 this year. That doesn't seen like an improvement to me at all.

The Vikings edged the 9ers last night but lost a few key players. It will be an even tougher road for them here on out. I'm going to be the doubter again! I don't see the Vikings getting past the Saints.