FIRST TAKE - EPISODE 1

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
First Take.png
It's Week 13 in Necessary Roughness and things are starting to take shape as far as the league's playoff picture goes. In the AFC, however, there is a bottleneck of teams both trying to win their division and secure a wild card spot. Outside of the Texans, who have clinched the AFC South, who will be the division winners and which teams will be on the outside looking in come playoff time?

AFC Playoff Picture S2.png

sifukeatis BigTexas18

sifukeatis

Starter
I wanna start out by saying that I'm glad Cleveland is not in the running for home field advantage.! I believe Pittsburgh Steelers belong in the playoffs they have a solid team this year and hard to beat Oakland has a nice chance and I believe Johnny manziel couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.!buffalo and new England are hot right now playing them is like running into A buzz saw.!I'm gonna say that San Diego will not hold on to the sixth spot I think they have a good shot at a wildcard spot Baltimore is gonna have to show me more but they are certainly capable of securing a spot

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
tumblr_inline_nc4lhuVqyV1sl2arq.gif

Stephen A. sifukeatis Are you INSANE?????? You're going to put Pittsburgh over Believeland?? First, just take overall record. Pitt is 7-5 and Cleveland is 8-3 (Pending game vs Chargers). The most important stat. Cleveland is 5-0 IN THE DIVISION. That means Pitt has already lost twice to the Browns. Pitt has 3 division losses. Even if the Browns, which i don't think will happen, lose 2 more games, they will crush them in a tie breaker. Plus they are 5-1 at home. I think the Browns take the AFC North and secure a spot in the playoffs this year.

I'll move over to the East now and break down the Patriots and Bills. Patriots are 11-0 and Bills are 11-1. Patriots are 3-0 in the division and the Bills are 4-0. Both are power house teams and will obviously make the playoffs. But as for the division winner. I'm taking Xxclaywilliamxx and his Bills. I believe the Bills will win both games, and take the edge over the Patriots in week 17, leaving the patriots getting in on a 13-3 wildcard WHICH IS CRAZY!!!

AFC South easy. Texans. Already Clinched! NEXT!

AFC West. This division is TIGHT. You have BlackPaw and his chiefs at 8-3, NightHawkTH32 and the Chargers at 8-3, Warren7 and the raiders at 7-4, and woodsmall12 and the broncos at 6-6. It's hard to pick the winner at this point. KC was the team to beat last year. This year they are still on a roll, but I think the Chargers and Chiefs will end up with a tie record at the end of the year. The Chargers at this point, will take a tiebreaker. Going off of that I'm going to choose the Chargers. I also think even though the Chargers win the division on a tiebreaker, the Chiefs will make the playoffs off of a wildcard.

Division Winners:
AFC North: Cleveland Browns
AFC West: San Diego Chargers
AFC South: Houston Texans
AFC East: Buffalo Bills

Wildcard:
New England Patriots
Kansas City Chiefs

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
The Bills and Patriots playing twice in the last four weeks is crazy. I think we could be in for some extremely tight defensive battles. Let's not forget, though, that New England swept the Bills last year including a 34-10 win in Foxboro Week 17 to eliminate the Bills from possibly wild card considerations. It will be interesting to see how that division plays out.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Forget last year! Bills are playing way better ball than last year. I'm calling it, Bills sweep the Patriots this year, and take the division!