Exclusive Interview With JETS Owner Xavier Collins......

kyswag23

Starter
upload_2016-9-24_22-49-57.png
One of ESPN's top reporter and co-host for the hit t.v show Pardon The Interruption Mike Wilbon was able to sit down and ask JETS Owner, Xavier Collins a few questions on his thoughts about their season.

Mike Wilbon- We've reached the half way point of this long season, is this how you pictured your team sitting?

Xavier Collins- Well Mike as we both know Rome wasn't built in a day! We are 5-3 and of course we have high expectations for this team. I am very pleased at what we are doing and how far we've come especially with some of the injuries we've suffered!

Mike Wilbon- Most teams would be very pleased to have your record right now, especially some of the teams who just have 1 to 2 wins under their belt! But, since you mentioned injuries you guys have dealt with quite a few blows non bigger than recently injured QB Ryan Fitzpatrick and WR Eric Decker! It seemed lke your offense was really starting to click. Now tell me what are your plans moving forward? Do you think your team will be able to contend for the playoffs? Is Geno Smith the answer to your problem? We know he struggles at times and then at times he looks outstanding!

Xavier Collins- Well, injuries are part of the game and we know its a dangerous sport . When something like this happens we have to continue to work as a TEAM and come together and rise to the occasion. Right now we have put ourselves in a situation to compete. I believe in this team and this team believes in what we are capable of doing! Geno, is our guy now! He's well prepared and he helped the team to a victory twice this year! So we have all the faith in Geno and we won't try to shell his abilities.

Mike Wilbon- Xavier, its always a pleasure speaking with you! I thank you for taking the time out of your day to sit down and speak with me! There you go people and JETS NATION you heard it here first, Geno Smith is the new sheriff in town and he has a tough road ahead of him! I wish him and JETS BEST OF LUCK they'll need every bit of it!

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-24_22-45-25.png
    upload_2016-9-24_22-45-25.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 12

Ercolenose

Contributor
How do you feel going into the second half of the season? Do you predict playoffs ahead for the jets or will they be one win shy of the spotlight?

kyswag23

Starter
How do you feel going into the second half of the season? Do you predict playoffs ahead for the jets or will they be one win shy of the spotlight?

I don't like to make predictions first off. A man who predicts the future, has no strategy to get there! I believe this team has what it takes to be a playoff contender, despite our setbacks at the moment! At this point in the season we have to take it game by game and not lose our focus!