Eagles - Panthers Trade APPROVED

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Carolina Panthers - majesty95 ($49.2M cap space, $2.5M cap penalty)
Christian McCaffrey, HB Age: 22, 90 OVR, 3 years-$13.2M left on contract, $5.46M cap penalty

McCaffrey Trade.JPG

Philadelphia Eagles - blahblahyea7 ($27.77M cap space, $0 cap penalty)
Sidney Jones,CB Age: 22, 77 OVR, 3 years, $4.68m remaining, $1,95M penalty

Sidney Jones Trade.JPG

Isaac Seumalo, LG Age: 24, 74 OVR, 2 years, $1.8M remaining, $380k penalty

Seumalo Trade.JPG

2018 1st round pick (7th overall this year)

---------------------------

The Eagles are looking for an explosive playmaker at HB on offense. They know the only likely option for them in the draft will be gone by 7. So McCaffrey fills that need and then some.

From a trade perspective it was hard to decide the value of McCaffrey. He is 90 OVR and has guaranteed Superstar dev (which is 11% chance in the 1st round of the draft). I felt he was worth more than even the #1 OVR pick because you know exactly what you're getting plus the SS Dev and he's only 22 years old. Even if we valued him at #1 overall, that is worth 3,000 points.The #7 pick is worth 1,500. I think Jones is equivalent to a mid-high 1st and Seumalo is a 3rd to help give me depth and balance the talent distribution.

pack1797 firedup24 Omletnator13 wyrmreaver

wyrmreaver

All-Star
Yes

It's a lot for a HB. McCaffrey is certainly better than any drafted HB would be, but in the NFL HB isn't valued at the same rate as other positions even if people are going nuts in VIP over Barkley. I think that the Panthers are getting a great deal, probably the better end given the value of CBs in Madden, but Philly gets a known quantity that they can make the focal point of their offense

Omletnator13

All-Star
I’m not completely sold on this. What would have been a first round pick corner if not for injury, a top 7 pick and a serviceable lineman for mcaffrey? He’s very good. Obviously. But man that’s a lot. I guess I’ll pass this. I’ll say yes I suppose.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I’m not completely sold on this. What would have been a first round pick corner if not for injury, a top 7 pick and a serviceable lineman for mcaffrey? He’s very good. Obviously. But man that’s a lot. I guess I’ll pass this. I’ll say yes I suppose.

As I mentioned, if I valued McCaffrey as the #1 pick (I think you could say he's worth more bc of 90 OVR and SS dev) he's worth 3,000 points. The #7 pick is worth 1,500. I don't value Jones as the #7 pick but maybe a mid-1st. So Seumalo makes up the difference somewhat. I hope that clarifies.

pack1797

Staff member
It's a wild one, but o think it's as close as we can get. Panthers trading a superstar, eagles giving comparable value. I vote yes