Eagles - Falcons Trade

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'll have to look at this guy but a 71 OVR QB is probably a 4th rounder at best. I'll report back when I look providing someone doesn't beat me to it.

mycaddy

Starter
Why is Falcons giving up 5th round pick to add? 3rd round pick kinda high for that qb imo? and that is without the 5th round pick added in? I actually think Renfree is an excellent choice for what you are getting mid 80s sac and mac(had the falcons in another league so I just happen to know) but relatively low throw power low 80s... I would say yes if the 5th from the Falcons were taken off the deal. But would feel better if Eagles gave up like a 4th or a 5th... But I do think a 3rd is acceptable

Falcons' rationale:
The Eagles are looking for a QB to build around. Renfree is a solid option, but he'll always be a backup option behind matt ryan. Like millhouse said, the 5th was to compensate for a 3rd rather than a 4th. The coaching staff trusts matt sims to slide into the backup role, and believes Sean can be a competent option for the eagles to win games, making him worth the draft pick