Cowboys Walrussmuglr Cap space 12.10M Cap Penalty 2.15M
LG La'El Collins 79ovr Salary 1.57M Years left: 2 Penalty: 0.00M
2016 1st Round Draft Pick
2016 5th Round Pick

Eagles Milhouse Cap space 22.8M Cap Penalty:3.24M
WR Brandon LaFell 81ovr Salary 6.00M Years Left: 1 Penalty: 0.00M
MLB Kiko Alonzo 86ovr Salary 2.80M Years Left: 1 Penalty: 0.40M
CB Logan Ryan 82ovr Salary 1.8M Years Left: 1 Penalty: 0.00M

Cowboys Rationale: Dallas needs help at MLB and WR. I'm forced with either starting Lee at MLB and having Hitchens go outside where he is mediocre at everything, or put lee outside where hes best and have a below average MLB start. This allows me to keep lee outside and have a beast take over at MLB to fill a big void. LaFell gives me a big body outside that can block above all else, and lets me slide Williams to the slot where i feel he will excel.

Philadelphia Rationale: Acquiring Collins would give eagles a immediate starter, and solidify his LG position. Letting go of Kiko gets his impending contract demands to someone else, and allows him to start his rookie MLB, trading LaFell allows his rookie WR to step in to the starting role, and alleviate 3M in cap space at no cap pen cost, and again free up an expiring deal.

To me the trade basically breaks down in to a 1st for Kiko, and a young star potential lineman that isnt amazing now but will be in a few years in Collins for a WR that isnt too old, and has the skill sets i need to run my offense.

mycaddy pack1797 majesty95 kha0tikdreamz 5StarTA

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
La'el Collins is a former 1st round pick with superstar development. Lafell is a 29 year old WR with 84 speed who could be winding down his career. If we are saying that Alonzo for a 1st is equal, which it might be, then I don't think Lafell has anywhere near the value of Collins.

I think Philly has to give more unless we are going to argue that Alonzo is worth more than a 1st, which is questionable. Wait to see what everyone else says and then we can proceed from there if need be.

pack1797

Staff member
Alonso for a first I can see, though I dont love it as we don't know how high or low the pick will be. The other side of the trade is unbalanced in favor of the eagles for the reasons mentioned above. As it stands I say no. If it's modified, we can look at it again.

mycaddy

Starter
Kiko is defonately worth a first he is 24 (6 of my picks in the draft are that age) and is 86 overall I am sure anyone would be estatic to get that in the first... but Brandon Lafell who may end up retiring or have stats drastically fall next season for a 23 year old left guard is no where near even... I think overall I am more lenient when it come to trades because I feel owners should have descretion when it comes to building their team... but this I can't say yes to way to one sided...

Walrussmuglr

Starter
trade updated to reflect adding cooper to the trade

Adding cooper would give me another blocking WR to sub in on running situations to give me 2 good blocking WRs instead of 1 and Dez, who cant block a kicker.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Come on guys... Riley Cooper is just Brandon Lafell. They are maybe worth a 5th or 6th round pick each. They aren't adding substantive value for a young G with superstar development.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I'll let the other chime in here. I think its closer with Logan Ryan. I'd have to really look at it to see if it flips it too much. Let's see what the others think and go from there.

pack1797

Staff member
I'm fine with this as it sits. Ryan doesn't make it perfect, but it's pretty close. If the others need a late pick added by Dallas, then I can see that just for the sake of nailing down the trade balance. Dallas adds a fifth or sixth round pick, and I'll approve it.

mycaddy

Starter
At the point I think LeFell is just a, bonus I think it is weight now in Dallas favor but choose enough for me to approve. So I'll say yes but if I were Eagles I'd, all for at least another pick