Draft Day (2014)

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
When do you guys want to do the draft? What is your best availability? As always, we would like to accommodate everyone. However, we know not everyone has the same schedules. So, let us know what works for you and we will do the best we can.

Proposed dates:

WED 11/17 at 9 PM CST
THU 11/17 at 9 PM CST

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
majesty95

To confirm, I can't trade with CPU during the draft? The reason I ask, I want to drop out of the #2 spot and accumulate more picks. It seems natural to do it that way and the CPU doesn't typically bankrupt their future with picks. So can I trade picks-for-picks during the draft?

Thanks.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
majesty95

To confirm, I can't trade with CPU during the draft? The reason I ask, I want to drop out of the #2 spot and accumulate more picks. It seems natural to do it that way and the CPU doesn't typically bankrupt their future with picks. So can I trade picks-for-picks during the draft?

Thanks.

I was thinking about that too. I'm looking to move some picks as well. As long as the picks work according to the Trade Value Chart then we will allow them. You must keep track and post them in the trade approval sub forum. Just create a thread and list any trades made and the "chart value" for each pick. Tag the me and the committee members just so we can verify them afterwards. I think that is an equitable solution.

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
I was thinking about that too. I'm looking to move some picks as well. As long as the picks work according to the Trade Value Chart then we will allow them. You must keep track and post them in the trade approval sub forum. Just create a thread and list any trades made and the "chart value" for each pick. Tag the me and the committee members just so we can verify them afterwards. I think that is an equitable solution.

I love the chart. So basically, if I'm offering the #2, valued at 2600, my offers should be close to that, say #10 (1300) & #16 (1000), total 2300.

When it gets to me, I'm going to try and trade down. I will ask you to pause while I review the offers.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I love the chart. So basically, if I'm offering the #2, valued at 2600, my offers should be close to that, say #10 (1300) & #16 (1000), total 2300.

When it gets to me, I'm going to try and trade down. I will ask you to pause while I review the offers.

Yeah, as long as it is equal or lesser value then you are fine.

I think the only hang up is when the offer a pick from the next year, as you will not know what the value is.

If you are going to acquire a pick from next year's draft, you can, but no 1st rounders. If it is 2nd-4th rounder then use the #8 pick as the "chart value". Rounds 5-7 use whatever value as they are all pretty similar.

Paytonno1son

Hall of Famer
Yeah, as long as it is equal or lesser value then you are fine.

If you are going to acquire a pick from next year's draft, you can, but no 1st rounders. If it is 2nd-4th rounder then use the #8 pick as the "chart value". Rounds 5-7 use whatever value as they are all pretty similar.

Cool, thanks.