Does Speed Matter in Madden 15?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
As many of you know, the regression system in Madden 15 causes many guys who turn 30, 31, 32 years old in Connected Franchise to drop into the 70's in speed. This was a cause of concern for some (myself included) who felt that EA was basically nerfing really good receivers who hit 30.

Originally, I thought this issue was just related to WR's. However, after posting a thread on Madden 15 regression at Operation Sports, I found out its actually pretty common for all skill positions to regress like that. Many of the guys felt like me, that EA was giving us the screw job on star WR's. Although, there were a few guys that said speed was just a number and didn't have the impact that we thought it did.

I was skeptical and decided to prove how big of an issue it was with a video. I took Antonio Brown of the Steelers and lowered his speed, agility and acceleration down to 75. I wholly thought Brown was going to be a slug with no tangible purpose at wide out. Boy was I wrong. Check out the video to see the results!

Mark

Starter
Thanks for the video's.

Can do the tests with receivers that are not superstars on their teams? Maybe with average players, I don't see a lot of change from the players that you picked.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the video's.

Can do the tests with receivers that are not superstars on their teams? Maybe with average players, I don't see a lot of change from the players that you picked.

Yeah but I adjusted the speed and rte and rls ratings. What specifically would you want to look at that would be different with avg guys?

Mark

Starter
Yeah but I adjusted the speed and rte and rls ratings. What specifically would you want to look at that would be different with avg guys?
My theory is that because they are superstar wr's it doesn't matter about adjusting their abilities, they play the same. But an average player getting lowered it would affect the player more.?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
My theory is that because they are superstar wr's it doesn't matter about adjusting their abilities, they play the same. But an average player getting lowered it would affect the player more.?

I don't think the game knows anything different. I think it's just ratings. Obviously they have higher catch ratings but I don't think it has an effect on how they run routes or get open. I think that's purely ratings based.