Cubs/Royals trade - APPROVED

Dw2b28

Starter
The Cubs are looking to add another solid pitcher to the starting rotation, as well as build some prospects in the farm system. I am offering a young bat and utility player in Martin Prado and David Hernandez the defensive young infielder to receive a veteran pitcher in Dickey Gonzalez, pitcher David Williams, and outfielders Colby Rasmus and Leonardo Heras. The reason that I am receiving 4 players is because I am taking on the 15 million dollar contract of Dickey Gonzalez. I am then adding Heras and Williams to my farm system to start building upon. The Royals are benefiting by moving the contract of Gonzalez and adding a major league ready player who can play multiple positions on the field.

Screenshot (108).png Screenshot (109).png Screenshot (115).png Screenshot (114).png Screenshot (111).png Screenshot (112).png Screenshot (110).png

Last edited by a moderator:

jonahj

Starter
Royals approve. Y’all know I’ve been wanting to move Gonzalez and I think this trade let’s everyone win.

DerekMcFadden

Staff member
I do not think, talent wise, this is a very good trade for the Royals at all. Seems like they are giving up quite a bit of talent to drop a bad contract. I can however see how it benefits both sides, and considering the Royals guy is a vet here he will get some grace. Approve.

jonahj

Starter
For the record, I will say it’s been impossible to move Dicky G, which I really need to do with Lester’s arb starting up. Prado is solid for playing all parts of the field on my MLB roster.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Hmm. I do think its quite a bit for essentially Rasmus. I do get trying to offload a contract though. Jonah has been around so I think he gets it. If it was the other way around I'd definitely vote no but because he's been around I'll vote yes