Cleveland Browns Off-Season Report

5StarTA

Starter
The Cleveland Browns took some major steps forward this past season. The major story coming into the season was the team being sold to Thomas Star. He changed the entire landscape known as Cleveland Browns football. Out went the losing, and in came the winning.

"I have loved this team my entire life. I have loved this city my entire life. I knew what needed to be done. I knew what changes needed to be made. Are we 100% satisfied? Absolutely not. We are going to move on from this years playoff loss and do everything in our power to make sure that winning becomes a tradition." -Thomas Star Off-Season Press Conference-

Though 2015 is behind us let's take some much needed time and reflect on this magical season that was!

Early Pre-Season trade leaves many experts confused.

108.png

When the Cleveland Browns announced they had released Josh McCown all signs pointed to Johnny Manziel being named the starter. That was until the Browns reached an agreement with the Tennessee Titans which sent FS Tashaun Gipson to Tennessee in exchange for FB Jalston Fowler, a 4th round pick and second year QB Zach Mettenberger.

Even after this deal many still projected Manziel to be named the starter but much to everyone's surprise Mettenbeger was named the week one starter and he never looked back. He would go on to have one of the best seasons in Cleveland Browns history. Passing for 3,049 yards with 21 TD's Zach showed he has all the tools to be the Franchise QB Cleveland has been looking for for years.

Zach will more than likely be captaining the ship next season. Expect much of the same from him if not more!

Everyone Deserves A Second Chance

67.png

When the Browns announced the signing of running back Ray Rice it turned a lot of heads in the league. Without a doubt the most controversial story of the off-season the Browns were the only team willing to take a shot on Ray Rice. A low risk with a high reward. Today we are here to tell to that the reward was far greater than the risk. The only other Brown to rush for more yard in one season than Rice is the Legendary Jim Brown. Rice's deal was a 1 year contract. Though many teams will be after Rice we look for him to sign something long term with Cleveland. Both sides have expressed their love for one another. Highly unlikely the two parties go their separate ways.

Best WR in the League?

58.png

A lot of players know how to talk the talk, but not many know how to walk the walk. Let us introduce you to Josh "Flash" Gordon. A man who has believed he was the best since the minute he was drafted by the Browns in the supplemental draft. The troubled Josh has been left in the past. He's clean, happy and motivated. He secured a long term deal this season that will keep him in Brown and Orange for at least another 4 years. Defensive backs everywhere you're being put on notice.

Just Like Fine Wine You Get Better With years

100.png

Karlos Dansby the 12 year veteran was lights out this season. Putting up career numbers. He was the heart and the soul of this Browns defense. "This organization, this city are unbelievable. These fans have welcomed me the last two years here. Not many wanted to believe I had football left in me. As good as it feels proving them wrong, I wanna say this season was for the city, the organization and the fans that have welcomed my family and I with open arms. I don't know what the future holds. I know it's time to rest. When I know my future trust me the entire city will as well"

New Player Rises From Non-Existence

82.png

At the beginning pf the season the Browns secondary was labeled a no fly zone. Predicted by many experts to give the LOB a run for their money as the best secondary in football. Many experts changed their minds drastically when the Browns sent Tashaun Gipson to Tennessee. Many experts were puzzled by the move Browns owner Thomas Star finally breaks his silence on the move. "Tashaun was on the last year of his contract. We had other needs we needed to address this offseason. There was no guarantee that Gipson would stay. We got our Franchise QB, a young up and coming FB and also a Draft pick." When asked why Holliman Star responded with "I watched and followed the Steelers all pre-season. No one stood out to be more than Holliman. When the Steerlers put him on their practice squad I saw a steal. I knew Holliman was a starter in this league." An eye for talent or extremley lucky? You be the judge. It doesn't change the fact that Holliman could arguably be rookie of the year.

New Island Emerges On Lake Erie

60.png

We know you have heard of Revis Island, but another Island has emerged. An Island many receivers this season did not have a nice stay at. We are referring to the dangerous and scary Haden Island. Joe had a career year. 8 INT with 3 TD's. "I just worked hard, trusted in the coaching and my teammates. There's really no secret to it." Not many receivers got a ball on Haden. The QB's that tried him paid for their choice. Haden Island is now booking reservations for next season.

119.jpg

Though the Chapter that was the Browns 2015 Season has come to an end the story is far from over. The Browns will use this season to carry them forward.

The Browns have a few adjustments that need to be made. A few positions are up for grabs this coming season. Could the Browns possibly move on from Mike Pettine? Will the Browns trade Johnny Manziel? Is this team headed in the right direction?

We here know as much as you do! We look forward to these questions being answered. Join us after the off-season for our official 2016 Season Preview!

P.S. Thank You Cleveland! Thank you so much!

#TheLand #GoBrowns #Playoffs2015 #WeBarkTogether #Believeland