Chiefs and Packers Proposed Trade

JerseyBorn

All-Star
Chiefs - JerseyBorn
2020 3rd Round Pick, 71st Overall

Packers - Tigers20
Davante Adams, WR, 27 years old, 81 OVR, 2 years remaining, $10.4m remaining salary, $3.36m cap penalty

nMI7T9Y.png

majesty95 pack1797 BigTexas18 georgiafan Gubber227

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
I'm good with a third.

Chiefs have limited scouting so they give up a third for a decent WR. I feel it's a safe move on their end due to they have a huge disadvantage this year with scouting.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
I'm torn on this I think a WR with only 86 speed isn't worth the value of a early 3rd.

The tricky part for me is like Tex said 49ers have limited scouting and Adams makes up for speed with acceleration. To me Adams is a slot guy not a #2.

I'll let others weigh in

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I think it's ok. Probably more worth a mid-3rd but it's close enough. I don't like this perception that only speed is how to build a team in Madden. I love that we're going after a solid possession guy to move the chains.

I'll vote yes

pack1797

Staff member
I agree that Adams is more of a slot guy, but a 3rd for this level of wr makes sense for a team that has had little to no scouting time. I vote yes.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Typically slot guys are like 5-10 guys. Smaller shifty guys. Most slot corners are smaller too. His ratings aren't your prototypical #1-2 guys but I wouldn't say he's a "slot" guy. Of course, if you have Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb he kinda fits in that role lol.

Gubber227

Starter
I vote yes

I really like the point that theyre very limited with scouting. Picking up Adams gives them a "for sure" well rounded player. I see Davabte Adams as a #2 in my eyes not a Slot guy.