majesty95

Admin
Staff member
1st round
4) 1,800

7) 1,500
(3rd round)89 145
Note: For the 2nd round next whatever pick I have would meet value

A two would be between 275-590. Even at the bottom it's plus 100 for HOU. Not a huge issue at this isn't exact but the fact that it could be 300-400 more in value makes it hard. 2nd round picks are high value and moving up 3 spots in this draft isn't enough for me to justify a 2nd and 3rd. I'd say no to the 2nd but Would probably be ok if it's replace with a 3rd next year. Or remove the third this year and make it a 1st and 2nd next year.

kyswag23

Starter
A two would be between 275-590. Even at the bottom it's plus 100 for HOU. Not a huge issue at this isn't exact but the fact that it could be 300-400 more in value makes it hard. 2nd round picks are high value and moving up 3 spots in this draft isn't enough for me to justify a 2nd and 3rd. I'd say no to the 2nd but Would probably be ok if it's replace with a 3rd next year. Or remove the third this year and make it a 1st and 2nd next year.

So, a 3rd this year and a 3rd next?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I vote no. The added third doesn't do enough to offset the possible 300-400 point advantage of the 2nd to me. Woods is a strong player and it's unlikely he has worse than a 20-32 pick which holds little value. I still say the 2nd next year has to be removed and a third added or the 3rd this year has to go ifhe wants the 2 next year.

kyswag23

Starter
I vote no. The added third doesn't do enough to offset the possible 300-400 point advantage of the 2nd to me. Woods is a strong player and it's unlikely he has worse than a 20-32 pick which holds little value. I still say the 2nd next year has to be removed and a third added or the 3rd this year has to go ifhe wants the 2 next year.

That's basing it off of assuming I don't make the playoffs.

woodsmall12

All-Star
Texans this yr = 1800
Texans 2018 3rd range = 124 - 270
1924 - 2070

Chargers this yr = 1645
Chargers 2018 2nd range = 276 - 590
1921 - 2235

Max difference of 165 down to -3 based off where each team finishes ... I have 3 teams that expressed interest in trading up however this one proves to give me the best value and placement

NightHawkTH32

All-Star
I voted yes originally because I thought it was a 1st and 2nd for a 1st and 3rd but now knowing the details of the trade I am voting no. I don't think a 2nd is worth a 3 spot jump. Sorry fellas.

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I voted yes originally because I thought it was a 1st and 2nd for a 1st and 3rd but now knowing the details of the trade I am voting no. I don't think a 2nd is worth a 3 spot jump. Sorry fellas.

This is also why we need to stop going back and forth and trying to sell the deal when someone votes not. You get one shot to post your trade and make your case and then listen to what the committee suggests. This back and forth (not just by yall but several of these trades) makes it hard to keep up with.

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
This trade is tough. It's moving up 3 spots. Valuing next year trades are tough. But it's still a 2nd rounder which is still a huge draft spot. It's trading firsts and thirds for 3 spots with the remainder bring a unknown pick. Not only do I not feel comfortable with it I guess I just don't get it either... the values have been explained. And after consideration. I'm going to vote no.

kyswag23

Starter
I appreciate and respect each members vote and input. With that being if both teams agree to revise the trade are we able to submit again?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I appreciate and respect each members vote and input. With that being if both teams agree to revise the trade are we able to submit again?

Yes. Use a new thread please as this one has gotten too convoluted. And you get one shot to explain it and then it is in the committee's hands ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.