Chargers charge forward with new leadership!

Lyric4christ

Starter
Football season is here…actually for the Chargers football season never stops. It’s a year round grind to hoist the Lombardi trophy.

This season brings some big changes to the Chargers and it begins with the unexpected departure of Coach Mike McCoy over his failure to provide off season leadership both inside and outside the locker room. In an uncharacteristic move the Chargers have hired a slightly unproven talent to their coaching team, but a true leader on and off the field in their new coach, Lyric 4Christ! The organization is very excited to bring a hardworking devoted fan onto the team. Lyric has spent almost all of his time coaching outside of the NFL except for a stint with the Atlanta Falcons a few seasons ago.

“Things are going to change. I am going to respect the players. I am going to trust in the players. My only hope is that as the players view my life and my respect for them, that they will trust and follow me,” said Lyric in his opening remarks at the emergency press conference late yesterday.

Lyric is widely known as a devoted Christian and the leadership is allowing him to do “whatever it takes” according to Dean Spanos’ sons A.G. and John to get the Chargers from a “pretty good team” to a “great team”.

But who are the elements of the Chargers on offense and defense and special teams that will help make that change? I’m glad you asked.

Offense

QB is obviously where things start and in this league’s pass first frenzy, they have a good one in #17 Philip Rivers. He has great energy and enthusiasm for the game and will be asked to get the ball to a host of receivers and backs. He’s thrown three or more touchdown passes in a game 39 times in his career. The Chargers are 30-9 in those contests and Lyric doesn’t expect to change that dynamic. Lyric has already spoken with Philip and encouraged him to be the coach in the huddle and is expecting great things from Philip on and off the field.

The chargers have great depth at wide receiver. From the 6 foot 5 inch steady, phenom #80 Malcom Floyd considerably in the last year of his contract he expects to do great things on his final ride. Also at receiver Rivers has, the ever dynamic young player, #13 Keenan Allen to the super elusive speedster #12 Jacoby Jones and the new slot receiver Stevie Johnson. Rivers should have no trouble getting the ball to one of these guys as long as he has time.

Of course one of the biggest off season acquisitions is rookie running back, Melvin Gordon and at 6 foot 1 215 pounds he is a huge inside presence. His tenacity between tackles will prove helpful as teams spread out to try and cover the receiving corp of the Chargers. Lyric expects great things from MG and know his nickname will not be MG3 it’s too close to another player in the league that only had a great Rookie Season. We expect MG to dominate for many seasons at the Chargers.

At Tight End, some other large news are the league issues that Antonio Gates is undergoing. However, the Chargers have acquired some great replacements or supplements in Ladarius Green with an average of 16.5 yards per catch. If Antonio and Ladarius are able to play on the field together, big things could happen.

Defense

Chargers are expecting big things from LE Corey Liuget. He’s a young dynamic player that will be needed to help build pressure out of their 3-4 Scheme. As the Bolts leading sack leader for the last two years, he’s expected to deliver a lot of the same this season and maybe more.

Have one familiar name in MLB Manti Te’O will be able to lead the rest of the line backers to work as a team and create lots of pressure to make up for a mediocre defensive line.

Eric Weddle is the emotional leader of the defense. He sets the tone. He’s the only safety to be selected to the Pro Bowl for 5 years in a row. If the Chargers can complete contract negotiations soon, he’ll be a great addition to the Chargers Hall of fame. I think he’s able to play so great because defenders are intimidated by his massive Vikan beard! Go Beard!

The Bolts look forward to gelling as a team under new leadership and are open to all kinds of group meetings and prayers to help understand that it takes more than muscle to be a great player on and off the field. It takes heart and the Bolts have lots of heart! Go Bolts!