Changing from a 3-4 to 4-3 or vice versa

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
We've seen several guys that want to switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 or the other way around. We want to put some restrictions out there to make sure we are doing this realistically.

You must change your scheme and all associated player schemes (DL and LB) to match what you are switching to. Your playbook must match as well.

Your defensive linemen also must meet realistic minimum weights as to not exploit any mechanic in the game. The requirements are as follows:
  • 4-3 DE (250 pound or more)
  • 4-3 DT (275+)
  • 3-4 DE (285+)
  • 3-4 DT (300+)
These guidelines reflect real world examples. In real life, 4-3 DEs can be smaller and be speed rushers. However, in a 3-4, they must be lane cloggers and run stuffers. Smallish 4-3 DEs would get pummeled facing the constant double teams that 3-4 DE's face. The same with DTs. 4-3 defensive tackles can be balanced against both the run and rushing the passer. 3-4 DT's almost always face a double team and are purely run stuffing, gap cloggers. Size plays a big role in that.

Just wanted to put that out there before we get too deep into the offseason and allow guys to adjust if necessary.

Thanks!

pack1797, 5StarTA, moniqx4, Falconsroach7, bpslm, TylerDale90, Lyric4christ, Walrussmuglr, Milhouse, Luis3250, RedSkinzHog, Cnote, Gubber227, Ron_Codpiece, zbenjamin85, ItzYaBoyJLo, BaltimoreHokie5, nostu4u, Imperfect611, Wolfman93011

Milhouse

Contributor
so even if are guys are 4-3 end but were in a 3-4 but dont meet the pounds im not a loud to switch?

Imperfect611

Starter
So i have a guy who I planned on being my starting RE who is 3 lbs short of the threshold, but everyone else easily clears the threshold. I kinda planned on getting a bigger line besides him to help with the run and put my best LB behind him for extra cover. My intention isn't to exploit, but to just try and find a way to use what players I have.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
So i have a guy who I planned on being my starting RE who is 3 lbs short of the threshold, but everyone else easily clears the threshold. I kinda planned on getting a bigger line besides him to help with the run and put my best LB behind him for extra cover. My intention isn't to exploit, but to just try and find a way to use what players I have.

So you have a 282 lb DE you want to put in a 3-4?

Imperfect611

Starter
Ok ty just wanted to make sure. Good timing btw I was about to get off xbox for the night and I was worried if I would need to change my bids