Staff member
Welcome to Championship Week!

Deadline is SUN 11 PM CST

AFC Championship.png

Indianapolis_Colts.png
at
Buffalo_Bills.png

beeswarm vs majesty95

The Bills pulled out a close game at home in the divisional round against the Steelers. Two pick sixes led the team to victory after their offense sputtered at times. That Buffalo defense ranked 2nd in the league in both yards allowed and sacks. Their ability to create turnovers (33-Tied for 5th) and a powerful running game (4th in NFL) will be the key to them returning to the Super Bowl for the first time since Jim Kelly was guiding the team.

The Colts, who had lost three-of-four to limp into the playoffs, knocked off the Bengals 17-10 and Broncos 34-23 in Denver to advance to their first AFC Championship Game since 2009 (and first under Andrew Luck). Indianapolis feature the AFC's 4th best offense (yardage wise) and 6th best defense. That Colts defense, while allowing nearly 70 yards per game more than the Bills, actually allowed a little more than 3 less points per game. It would appear on the surface that the Colts D and offense led by Andrew Luck would give them the edge. However, as the Steelers found out in the Divisional Round, nothing can be guaranteed on a cold, wintery night in Buffalo.

NFC Championship.png

Philadelphia_Eagles.png
at
Seattle_Seahawks.png

CPU vs BlackPaw
The Seahawks featured the league's best defense in almost all categories. Seattle led the NFL in yards allowed, pass yards allowed, points allowed, sacks and interceptions. They also featured the NFC's 6th best running game. That has led the Seahawks on a five-game winning streak and a run of 13 wins in their last 14 games. With that kind of production on defense coupled with a strong running game, the Seahawks are going to be tough to beat and would set up a terrific defensive matchup with whoever they could face should they advance to the Super Bowl.

Philadelphia, unsurprisingly, featured the league's second most potent offense which was highlighted by a league best 2,494 yards rushing. While they finished 2nd in total offense, they led the NFL with 27.4 points per game and 26 rushing touchdowns. The Eagles' defense wasn't as stellar (6th in the NFC) but was solid (4th best vs the run in the NFC). If the Eagles can contain the Seattle run game and find a way to grind out yards on the ground with their spread, no huddle attack, they may be able to pull off one of the biggest upsets of the playoffs this year.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
beeswarm I am busy most of the night tonight. May possibly be available late (after 10 011 PM CST). Will be available on SAT and SUN but not sure at this time other than late. Let me know what your availability is and I will see what I can work out.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
beeswarm I should be free most of the day SAT and SUN. Probably have a dinner engagement around 7-9 tonight and Vikings gane tomorrow but otherwise should be free.