CBNN: The Chicago Bears News Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
m1NUBbJ.png

SoAndSo

Starter
I wouldn't call me a pro or anything. It's really the ability of the programs. I'm just starting to learn how to use them. Thanks though.

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
Oh & please keep Soldier Field looking nice... that place has history!
It still looks like a spaceship at the moment -__-

Which I don't mind as much as others, but the third smallest capacity is crazy considering it's the damn Bears. And the spaceship has already obliterated most of the original feeling too.

We'll see. I don't think I'll go the Clink route, but I gotta expand seating significantly.

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
BEARS SECURE WEEK ONE VICTORY, OVERCOME INJURIES

On a beautiful September day along the lakeside at Soldier Field, the Chicago Bears began the Lee Gordon era with a convincing win over the visiting Buffalo Bills, 30-20.

The defense looked to be struggling at times, allowing E.J. Manuel free reign, but coach Marc Trestman's offense came alive in the second half to put a once tightly contested game away as Cutler kept his jersey clean.

It wasn't all smiles for the Bears, though -- left tackle Jermon Bushrod has been placed on injured reserve after suffering a season-ending pectoral tear. Perhaps more immediately threatening, star receiver Brandon Marshall was sent to the locker room with an abdominal tear. He is expected to be sidelined for approximately five games, so all eyes will be on Alshon Jeffery.

The Bears travel to San Francisco for Sunday Night Football next week.

======
STAT HIGHLIGHTS
======
*denotes Player of the Game

CHI - 30
Cutler: 130.0 Rating, 220 Yards, 2 TDs
Forte*: 114 Yards, 8.8 YPC, 1 TD, 53 Receiving Yards
Jeffery: 110 Yards on 8 Receptions, 1 TD
Allen: Sack
Briggs: Sack
Fuller: Sack

BUF - 20
Manuel: 112.5 Rating, 220 Yards, 53 Rush Yards, 1 Rush TD
Spiller: 37 Yards, 2.8 YPC
Summers: 2 Yards, 1 TD
Watkins: 73 Yards on 6 Receptions
Chandler: 66 Yards on 5 Receptions

Last edited:

JohnnyShred612

Contributor
WEEK TWO: BEARS SPOIL THE PARTY IN SANTA CLARA

Just days after new Bears owner Lee Gordon announced his plans to rebuild Soldier Field, the Chicago team flew to Santa Clara to face off against the 49ers as they opened their own new stadium. Unfortunately for San Francisco, the pressure may have gotten to them as they quickly found themselves losing control of a game in which they eventually fell 31-20.

The Bears brought all the heat they could muster, sacking quarterback Colin Kaepernick an alarming seven times, including two back to back sacks for Lance Briggs and a game-changing sack on third and goal early on by new outside linebacker Malcolm Smith. Smith is no stranger to Colin Kaepernick, having recently been acquired by the Bears from the Seattle Seahawks where he recently was awarded Super Bowl MVP, and he was quick to endear himself to Bears fans with the big stop. Jay Cutler was also fairly impressive, throwing three touchdowns despite two picks.

It wasn't all roses for the Bears, though -- despite only allowing 13 points until late in the game, Kaepernick was allowed a perfect passer rating. This has to be a concern for this secondary, despite the defense's bend-don't-break policy.

The Bears are live on Monday Night football next week, on the road once more, against the New York Jets.

======
STAT HIGHLIGHTS
======
*denotes Player of the Game

CHI - 31
Cutler*: 114.2 Rating, 287 Yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
Jeffery: 127 Yards, 1 TD
Bennett: 123 Yards, 1 TD
Paea: 2 Sacks
Briggs: 2 Sacks
Smith: Sack
Tillman: Sack