Cardinals / Mariners Trade - VETOED

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Stanton was just signed as a free agent. Let me see what others think about how long before they can be traded. We just want to be sure guys arent signing free agents just to trade them for prospects. Its tough to balance

ehhhh idk i am learning towards no just do to the fact that Stanton was just signed and we are only a few weeks into the year...but idk what RussellMania and woodsmall12 think but personally i dont think FA signings shouldn't be traded this early into the year

woodsmall12

All-Star
That was my thoughts exactly ... we are two weeks in and trading FA signees away already ... this doesn’t happen IRL and if it does it’s typically around the trade deadline w teams that are out of contention

It bares two questions in my mind ... why sign him if ur just looking to trade him and also why didn’t Seattle pursue him at FA? Seattle could’ve avoided giving up prospects if they would’ve taken that route

I would say no at this point bcz it sets a bad prescedent IMO to sign and trade players ... this isn’t the NBA lmao

majesty95 clutchology101 RussellMania ShaneM86 DerekMcFadden

I'm on the same page as everyone else with this one. We may want to set a timeline on when newly signed guys can be moved.