Cardale Jones Named Bills #2 QB. Is There a QB Controversy In Buffalo?

pack1797

Staff member
image.jpeg

Rookie Cardale Jones has been named as the Bills #2 QB behind Tyrod Taylor. Former starter EJ Manuel is at #3 on the depth chart offer a 2-2 preseason for the Bills. Jones came into the league as a bit of an X factor, with what appeared to be an NFL caliber arm. Many GMs were afraid to pull the trigger on him because of his questionable intangibles and lack of extended playtime at Ohio State. The Bills appear to be pleased with their gamble so far.

The question that remains is, should Tyrod Taylor be looking over his shoulder? Just how fast is the hook coming if he has a rough game or two? We asked coach Rex Ryan.

BillsTV: Coach, with the regular season almost here, what's the situation at QB?

Ryan: We made a statement on this already. Tyrod is our starter. Cardale is our backup. He had a solid preseason, but we need to develop him some more before he's ready to start every week. Tyrod is our starter until something happens to make it otherwise.

BillsTV: How secure is Taylor in the starting job?

Ryan: Is there an echo in here? I could've sworn I just answered that. He's as secure as any man that on Sunday will have 300 lb super aggressive athletes trying to destroy him can be. Listen. Nobody on this team has their spot indefinitely. How each player performs dictates their place on the team from week to week. Unlike you media people, and I use that term loosely, they are not paid by this organization to mail it in like they're owed something. They bring the thunder every time they hit the field, or they get replaced. It's really pretty simple, even for you.

BillsTV: Thanks Coach!

Ryan: You know it.

So there you have it. On this Bills team, you earn what you get. Also, coach Ryan hurt our feelings again. We'll get used to it. See you in week one!