Browns/Rams Trade APPROVED

Burns

Hall of Famer
Cleveland Browns - Burns ($70.0M Cap Room, $390K Cap Penalty) send:
2018 Eagles 2nd Round pick (#39)
2018 Browns 3rd Round pick (#94)

Los Angeles Rams - Tsmith2211 ($55.6M Cap Room, $1.69M Cap Penalty) send:
HB Todd Gurley II, 89 OVR, 24 years old, 1 year $3.32M remaining, $1.80M Cap Penalty

3599fcb8bc47b30bfac85d20c75ec796.png

Rams looking to unload Gurley as he enters a contract year, also looking to acquire draft capital to make moves.

Browns looking to get a superstar RB on the last year of his rookie deal to save cap space this offseason with Crowell expiring, and plan to try and resign after next season.

majesty95 pack1797 firedup24 wyrmreaver Omletnator13

Last edited:

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Were he not in a contract year, Gurley would definitely be worth a Top 5 pick. The current offer is worth the 29th or 30th pick of the 1st round. I don't love the deal because Gurley is so good. However, there's no guarantee he's not going to ask for a 5-6 year contract and Burns may have to franchise him or even let him walk after one year (doubtful but possible). They say the best deals are those that leave both parties feeling like they're leaving something on the table. I kind of feel like this here. I don't love it or hate it from either side. So I'll vote yes.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
For context, the Colts traded Marshall Faulk to the Rams for a 2nd and 5th round pick when he had 2 years left on his deal. I'm not saying that was a perfect deal for Indianapolis. Just giving context from NFL history.

Omletnator13

All-Star
I vote yes. I think a 2nd and 3rd especially from a browns team filled with draft picks doesn’t give up a ton for an expiring player.