Big Apple Breakdown

iTvizzyy

Starter
The Offensive Fatties
nfl_giantsoline_dj_600.jpg

Over the past 3 years the New York Giants have selected a linemen with their first pick twice. In 2013 they took Justin Pugh and this season they selected Erick Flowers. The team as a whole has really been going through a struggle on both sides of the field. Blocking has been a glaring problem though. Hopefully with Will Beatty being ready to go they can finally get Eli the protection he deserves. The Giants really have a ton of weapons on the offense.

Eli's Weapons
ap_aptopix_cowboys_giants_football_68976850.jpg

Odell Beckam Jr is undoubtedly already one of the best WRs in the NFL. He has his eyes set on being a yardage and reception leader a few times in his career. Eli will likely hit Odell 90 times, Victor Cruz 60 times and Rueban Randle 30-40 times, not to mention Larry Donnell and new addition James Jones. They have a solid 1 2 punch with Reshad Jennings and Shane Vereen as well. In order for this offense to go from top 10 to top 5 we are going to need to see much better production out of the offense line and I think we will.

The Front 7
Jason-Pierre-Paul.jpg

The Giants have made a name for themselves with this pass rush they have had going for them over the past 5 years or so. Osi and Tuck are no longer around but this guy name Jason Pierre Paul still is. JPP is a freak of nature. He's going to be flustering the opposing team for many years to come. New York has a couple other guys to worry about too. Johnathon Hankins is a huge man standing a 6"2 320 LBs. Not the tallest DT we have ever seen but damn does he has some meat on him. Hankins is a great run stopper who likes to get after the QB from time to time. He is only coming into his 3rd season so he will also be causing the opposing team some problems for a long time. Another guy that this front 7 has is former Superstar LB Jon Beason. Now Beason is no longer one of the leagues most skilled MLBs but he can still make some plays. Whether he is as good as he use to be or not, I still don't want to see him coming through the A gap at me if I am a QB or a RB.

The Playmakers
dominique-rodgers-cromartie.jpg

This secondary is filled with play making style guys. Let's start off at corner. Dominique Rodgers Cromartie is one of the leagues best man to man corner and it doesn't hurt that he is also one of the fastest. On the opposite side is Prince Amukamara. Prince is also a top tier man to man corner in this league with a set of wheels. These two will be causing a lot of turnovers for the Giants, especially if JPP can keep hitting the QB. Landon Collins, rookie out of Bama', is the hardest hitting player coming out of the draft. Whatever receivers make their way around those two corners will have to worry about getting their helmet knocked off by this stud. Collins isn't very skilled in coverage but he still brings that fear into the defenders heart.