Ben Affleck as Batman?

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
So word on the street is that Ben Affleck has been cast as the new Batman and is going to star in a movie together with Superman. Really? Sounds sketchy, especially considering how good the last three Dark Knights were (haven't seen Man of Steel yet). I thought we had turned a corner in the superhero movie universe. Now it appears we're going to go backwards.

woodsmall12

Blakehawk54

Contributor
I can't remember the site I saw it on but I saw that within 2 days of that announcement there was a petition online for the removal of Affleck from the role and it already had 30,000 signatures lol

Ljhrugger

Starter
Blakehawk54 majesty95 , it was on the white house petition site. Sadly it was taken down.

Affleck was actually pretty good playing Doug in the town (though i'd like to see him have a good movie where is doesn't have that gawd awful Bostonian accent). I'm willing to see how he does as batman. Sure it will be a struggle to get past it not being Christian Bale, but as I recall many were outrage in 2006 when they announced Heath Ledger as the Joker. So who knows, maybe he just needs the right role and script to make it work.... It's not like Daredevil would've been a good movie had he not been in it.