Bears/Seahawks - DENIED

JNYHART

Starter
Seattle Seahawks- JNYHART (Cap Space-29.9m ,Cap Penalty 2.9m)

Jarran Reed DT, Age: 24, 2 years 4.85m Rem, 860k Cap pen
upload_2017-11-3_21-53-22.png

Shaq Griffen CB, Age:23, 75 OVR, 3 years 3.37m rem, 570k cap penalty

upload_2017-11-3_21-56-44.png

Chicago Bears- Paytonno1son (28.2m Cap space, 0 Cap Penalty)

Trading: 2018 2 Round Pick (45th OVR)

Seahawks are trying to acquire a 2nd rd pick because they do not have one. Bears are trying to bring in some youth and potential at CB and DT.

majesty95 pack1797 firedup24 Omletnator13 wyrmreaver

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I feel like either one of those guys is possibly a second round pick by themselves. One is 23 and one is 24. I'm having a hard time trying to justify why this makes sense....

firedup24

All-Star
With the trading frenzy lately, I have tried to stay consistent with how I value players. This one is tricky to me. Reed is 79 OVR with two years left. I see him as a mid to late 2nd round pick as a DT. Griffin is actually the toughest part for me. He is actually a very solid corner even though he's a 75. Great speed and acc with above average coverage skills for a 75 OVR player. Considering the position, age and 3 years remaining, I can see his value being a little more than Reed. Get the awareness up and you got a nice young starting corner. This is for the 13th pick in the 2nd so my gut tells me that it needs a little more to complete it. I don't want to try to influence what should be added but I feel it needs a little work to make it through.

pack1797

Staff member
Eh. They're young, but unremarkable. Value is a bit off, imho, so I'd like to hear more from Chicago on their plans. Not sure I see a starter, which that pick should be. No vote from me yet.

firedup24

All-Star
You make a good point Pack about their value. Maybe I value them a little too much. I honestly see both of them as a starter and would be happy with either as my 2nd round pick.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I echo what Scott says. Griffin is not far from being a starter or at least a very serviceable slot guy. Reed is rated like a 1st rounder but with only two years left can see 2nd round value. I also agree that I don't like to influence what teams can get, but I do want to see a little more as it seems like is only getting value back on one player.

Omletnator13

All-Star
I’ll say this, it’s draft time, Seahawks are short on picks and are willing to give up a little more value than normal for a 2nd rounder.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I’ll say this, it’s draft time, Seahawks are short on picks and are willing to give up a little more value than normal for a 2nd rounder.

That's not for a committee member to say. We can ask questions and give our thoughts when voting but we shouldn't be trying to explain the mindsets of those involved.

wyrmreaver

All-Star
I can't approve this deal in its current form

A 24 year old 79 OVR DT is essentially what you'd expect if you drafted a DT in the first or second. A 23 year old 75 OVR corner is what you'd pray you could find in the second or third. To me the value is off quite a bit, if these players were closer to 30 than 20 I could see it.

I would approve if it was for a 2nd and a 3rd for sure, maybe a little less