***ATTENTION*** Removal of Beeswarm

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Normally I would not create a thread for something like this as we have removed several people in the past. However, when it comes to someone who has been in the league since day 1, I think it deserves a little more attention. With that being said, we regretfully inform y'all that beeswarm has been removed from Necessary Roughens.

Why was he removed? Well, for starters, his attitude was very anti what we are trying to create here. Sometimes we could address things and he would be open and humble, but far too often we were met with excuses and hostility.

Beesswarm has always been one of those guys that league leadership and I were concerned about. He never really took to the sim mentality and very much was a win at all costs type of guy. Although he showed some improvement over the past two + season, his game, especially in crunch time, is not what we expect or what most of the guys in here want to play against.

Several people had mentioned to me before (and after) that beeswarm is a guy who, when the chips are on the table, will do whatever he has to in order to get a win. He's been known to run a ton of deep crossing routes and streaks with drags underneath. I finally experienced this first hand in my game with him on MON night.

After falling behind 10-0, beeswarm proceeded to run 8 of his first 9 plays from a trips set. All nine of those plays (not counting two that got called back by penalties) were passes. Those included 5 slants/drags, a HB screen, HB flat and TE corner. I called him out on runnning the same basic formation and concepts over and over buthe denied he was doing anything wrong. He claimed he would mix it up mope going forward. However, his next four plays were all from strong close. He then proceeded to run 10 straight plays against me from Big Dime 2-3-6 on defense, even when I was in I-Pro and Strong Close.

I mentioned to him again that he was not mixing it up and kept running the same basic formations and concepts over and over. He mixed it up a little bit better for the remainder of the game but every passing down was Big Dime on defense and continued to run drags and slants primarily on offense.

pack1797 and I tried to talk to him after the game and he continued to deny any wrongdoing. He even tried to justify his actions by saying that if you told Bill Bellicheck he ran too many slants or drags he would laugh at you.

Well, that may be true. But Bill Bellicheck is a human being who can communicate with human players. He can tell his linebackers to play shallower zones or his DBs to take away inside leverage (certainly much better than the game can.) He could also run double teams, man/zone combos and have his guys key and react to certain patterns. We are limited by the programming in the AI. They only do so much and there are things that can be exploited. We are here to not have to deal with those things and to mix up our games as much as possible to avoid exploiting those deficiencies. Its certainly not fair to guys that do mix up their games and follow the rules like BlackPaw and sifukeatis to lose to a guy who will bend those when he sees the need to just so he doesn't have to take a loss. That is why we felt we needed to make this change.

What does that mean for everyone else? Nothing. Everything should remain the same. I think everyone in this league tries to mix things up and play as realistically and fairly as possible. Some guys are a little newer and may need some help, but I think those that we do have here have the best interest of the league and not themselves at heart.

I will be making a post with some general ideals as to what is sim and what is not pertaining to formations and play calling so everyone has an idea of how to proceed going forward. Again, this wasn't just about one incident or one specific rule infraction though. This was a pattern of behavior over multiple seasons that just was not progressing.

It is a sad day to lose a member who has been here since Day 1. However, it is a move that we all felt was in the best interest of everyone else moving forward. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me, pack1797 or woodsmall12. Good luck to everyone the rest of the way! Hope that we all can grow and be even better going forward!

Konvict27, Xxclaywilliamxx, sifukeatis, Paytonno1son, BigTexas18, woodsmall12, pack1797, BlackPaw, Mark, rkjones217, Warren7, NightHawkTH32, Titanman931, Trizzle911

BigTexas18

Hall of Famer
Well said. While it is unfortunate to lose a day oner, just pattern behavior and a hostility towards any feedback is just not what we're looking for

pack1797

Staff member
majesty95 basically covered what needed to be said, but I'm going to say my peace on this because I was directly involved in this situation. I watched the game from the second quarter on, and I saw the issues first hand. Every time a complaint is registered in this league, some combination of myself, majesty95 , woodsmall12 , and BigTexas18 Watch the film and see if there is an issue. No one person makes disciplinary decisions, contrary to what some might believe.
I would encourage all of you to speak up if you have an issue. For those of you that don't know, or are new, I will listen to anyone and help if I can. Woods and Tex will as well. But you have to tell us for us to know you have an issue.
Finally, I hate losing members under any circumstances. Beeswarm isn't a bad guy. But he wasn't going to be happy in this league unless he was winning. He'll be happier in a league where he can play how he wants without worrying about rules similar to what we have here This has been simmering for two seasons, and I personally hate it came to this, but this league is bigger than one member. We should all remember that. And I, as a member of league leadership, should remember that the league is nothing without its members. It's a fine line, but I thank you all for being willing to adapt, and making this league fun to be a part of.
Good luck the rest of the year.