Atlanta Falcons resignings and retirements

Retirements:
The falcons only had two retirements this year, but both were starters. DT Jonathan Babineaux and clutch K Matt Bryant have both decided to hang up the cleats. The departure of Babineaux leaves a gaping hole along the defensive line as Ra'shede Hageman will have to slide into the #1 role and a 2nd DT will have to emerge. Despire his seemingly insignificance, Matt Bryant was called Matty Ice 2.0 for a reason, and it'll interesting to see how Atlanta obtains a replacement

Resignings:
Adrian Clayborne- RE- 3yr/3.72M
Posting 4.5 sacks and 6 TFL this season, clayborne showed he belongs on this team. The money is obviously very limited here. This gives Atlanta the opportunity, should they choose, to chase another DE in free agency and relegate Clayborne to a situational pass-rusher role
Charles Godfrey- FS- 4yr/5.8M
Godfrey is a veteran who backs up Ricardo Allen. His total makes a ton of sense, as word is Atlanta will make FS an open competition this season, so you may as well bring in cheap player who knows your scheme to show if he's got any left in the tank
Leonard Hankerson- WR- 2yr/2.22M
A fantastic deal. Hankerson was great in the slot last year, and he could see an expanded role if Roddy White is on the move. Hankerson could've asked for more, but obviously lowered his price to remain on a contender
Darren Fells- TE- 2yr/3.12M
An interesting resigning. The team brought Fells in as depth following Toilolo's injury, but perhaps he could provide some competition for the starting role at TE
Lamar Holmes-LT- 2yr/1.86M
Simply a resigning for depth
O'brien Schofield- OLB- 1yr/940K
A "prove-it" deal. Essentially depth, but schofield has talent. He's trying to show that to earn a bigger contract. He's betting on himself
Bryce Harris- RT- 3yr/2.73M
Once again, need some depth at tackle
Matt Simms- QB- 3yr/2.46M
Providing a 3rd stringer at QB.
Stansly Maponga- LE- 3yr/3.72M
A young defensive end. Could earn more playing time
Allen Bradford- MLB- 2yr/1.62M
After Worrilow's departure, Atlanta needs some stability here
Nate Stupar- MLB- 2yr/1.64M
Same reason as Bradford
Phillip Adams- CB- 3yr/2.64M
A nice nickel back. Good keep for Atl

The falcons failed to resign Joplo Bartu, who had a steep asking price for a backup at a position in which the team is relatively strong. Kroy Biermann was also looking for big money which he won't find here. Paul Worrilow, the starting MLB, will also be hitting free agency waters. Rumor is that the front office attempted to resign him to a lengthy contract with no guaranteed money whatsoever, making him expendable. Worrilow felt insulted, and shut down contract negotations. He's hoping a team will like his awareness more than his lack of physical ability. Gino Gradkowski, the center who could never open holes. will also be on his way out as well as starting RG Chris Chester. We knew that Dan Quinn had plans to revamp this offensive line, but now theres no safety net.

georgiafan

Hall of Famer
Interesting in my offline one I had the same 2 retirement as you plus roddy white. I was able to resign worrilow in fa he is a solid player I think he is good in madden. The kind of guy you want to have but you could upgrade from at same time.

In my offline, I didn't have Babineaux but I had Roddy Take off. Worrilow is good in run defense, can't stop a pass to save his life imo. Just not athletic enough