2017 Post-season Ratings Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Last year we took advantage of our ability to edit rosters by updating some players that significantly out-performed their Madden ratings when we started the league. This allowed us to give users that had Dak Prescott, Jay Ajayi and others a release cycle with them being good without having to wait for the new version. We want to do that again this year and want you guys to chip in and nominate players worth of a ratings boost.

Qualifications
  • Typically only one player per team (MAX) will be updated. Not every team may see a player get a bosst either.
  • We're looking for starters primarily. Bumping a guy up form 68 OVR to 73 OVR isn't going to make a significant impact on the league.
  • We are generally looking for ratings bumps of at least 4-5 points. Bumping a guy from 78 to 82 could happen, but we really want to find guys that were 75-76 (or lower) that should be 80+.
  • Veterans are less likely to get a bump than young players. Anthony Barr could be a candidate for a bump. However, he's been in the league a few years and has been inconsistent. Players that are having a great year following a down year aren't as likely to get a boost unless they were just severely underrated to begin the season.
Please post your candidates below. Use as much info as possible when posting. Here is an example of a suggestion that may get picked:

WR Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings (Rookie)

Rated 80 OVR in our roster, rated 88 OVR in Madden now. Ranks 1st in receiving yards and TDs as a rookie. Rated the #4 overall WR according to PFF with a grade of 89.7

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
CB Ken Crawley, Saints (3rd Year)

Rated 73 OVR in our league. Rated 80 OVR currently in Madden. 20th rated CB by PFF at 82.7 (tied with Richard Sherman and ahead of Malcom Butler and Chris Harris)

ROLB De'Vondre Campbell, Falcons (3rd year)

Rated 76 OVR in our league. Rated 84 OVR currently in Madden. #7 ranked LB by PFF at 84.7 (ahead of Sean Lee and Thomas Davis)

Omletnator13

All-Star
I hate doing this to my own division but

Akhello Witherspoon, 49ers. (Rookie)

73 overall in our franchise, 70 overall in madden right now

88.1 rating on pff with 35 coverage snaps. 8 targets, 3 receptions, 1 int.

I am posting 2 players I feel are worthy of an upgrade. Mike knows better than I do when it comes to the Vikings so I'll leave it to his discretion as to who, if either, deserves the bump.

RT Mike Remmers, Vikings (6th Year, 29 years old)

Rated 76 OVR in our league according to DaddyLeagues (I think he was a 74-75 last time I checked on the console). Rated 80 OVR currently in Madden which is 6 points higher than what he started according to EAsports.com. According to PFF, he is the 17th rated Tackle (both left and right if I read it correctly) with a score of 79.0

HB Jerick McKinnon, Vikings (4th year, 26 years old)

His overall ratings are the same (82 ovr) between DaddyLeagues and the latest rosters. PFF has him rated as the #11 overall HB, ahead of Demarco Murray, Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley. FWIW, I love the way he runs and punishes anyone that tries to tackle him.

SS Micah Hyde, Bills (5th year, age 27)

Started as 78 OVR and is currently 85 OVR according to the latest update from easports.com. PFF has him as the #5 overall safety

He is a blast to watch play and reminds me alot of Troy Polamalu (sp?). It feels like there are 3 of him on the field.

Miggy_Ray

Starter
Majesty got the guy from my team De'Vondre Campbell so here is a short list of candidates I knew of.

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Jets (5th year)
75 OVR in our league up to 83 on Madden
#17 ranked TE per PFF

LB Tahir Whitehead, Lions (6th year)
77 OVR in our league up to 84 on Madden
#10 ranked LB per PFF

LB Blake Martinez, Packers (3rd year)
78 OVR in our league up to 82 on Madden
#12 ranked LB per PFF

CB Kendall Fuller, Redskins (3rd year)
75 OVR in our league up to 82 on Madden
#11 ranked CB per PFF

SS Jaquiski Tartt, 49ers (4th year)
74 OVR in our league up to 86 on Madden
#12 ranked Safety per PFF

SS Corey Moore, Texans (3rd year)
71 OVR in our league up to 81 on Madden
Only 26th ranked Safety however per PFF

FS Jordan Poyer, Bills (6th year)
77 OVR in our league up to 85 on Madden
#7 ranked Safety per PFF

HB Kareem Hunt, Chiefs (Rookie, age 23)

Current ratings in our CFM versus updated rosters are similar (84-86 OVR). However, PFF rates him as the #1 overall HB

Duv49ers

Starter
DT Dalvin Tomlinson, NY Giants (rookie)
Rated 77 OVR in CFM roster
Current PFF rating after week 8 is 83.3

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
Here are the players that I adjusted and what I adjusted their OVR to (according to my scheme I believe). Those who did not get adjusted either didn't have a significant bump in ratings to justify it, were inconsistent over multiple years or did not have enough snaps to justify a significant bump. Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions!

LOLB De'Vondre Campbell, ATL 80 OVR
CB Ken Crawley, NO 80 OVR
CB Kendall Fuller, WSH 80 OVR
SS Michah Hyde, BUF 82 OVR
HB Aaron Jones, GB 80 OVR
FS Corey Moore, HOU 78 OVR
SS Jaquiski Tartt, SF 80 OVR
ROLB Tahir Whitehead, DET 80 OVR

majesty95

Admin
Staff member
I made another change that I had thought about earlier and forgot about until talking to woodsmall12. As mentioned Kareem Hunt is the top graded HB by PFF and one of the best backs in the league statistically. He didn't have enough of a ratings discrepancy to boost him 2-3 OVR but I did give him Superstar dev in line with McCaffrey and Fournette.

Status
Not open for further replies.